Department: Housing, Economic Development & Commerce
Division: Affordable Housing
Workweek: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $40,000 – $45,000 – Based on qualifications and experience. Competitive Jersey City retirement and health benefits package available, including pension, dental, medical, prescription, FSA (flexible spending account), life insurance and more.
The City of Jersey City is seeking a qualified, dynamic, and motivated Affordable Housing Compliance Specialist to support the Department of Housing, Economic Development and Commerce – Division of Affordable Housing. The ideal candidate will assist with various administrative and compliance duties such as drafting and processing affordable housing agreements, deed restrictions and record management.
• Assists with compliance and monitoring activities (file maintenance, document production, data entry and tracking).
• Reviews and checks assigned reports, applications, and other documents for corrections and completeness; refers problems to supervisor for resolution.
• Responds to constituents’ inquiries for the affordable housing portal and assists in referrals.
• Prepares administrative correspondence, agreement documents and memorandums.
• Responds and tracks inquiries for Affordable Housing information requests, intake, and customer support.
• Assists and participates in training and/or community outreach activities.
• Assists in project coordination with division partners within the City and developers.
• Assists with scheduling and managing the Division’s Calendar.
• Provide assistance to Division’s visitors by determining the reason for visit and giving the required information according to department procedures.
• Receives applications, documents, forms, screens, sorts, and assembles this information for further processing.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
DocuSign Envelope ID: 4C07DFE4-B07B-45D6-BC19-C4EC6A8896DF
The City of Jersey City is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws, rules and regulations relating to anti–discrimination and anti–harassment.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Educational Background: Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university
Preferred Experience: Three (3) years of work experience in performing administrative compliance duties. Background in legal office setting, paralegal or legal writing and research with focused in land use and development is preferred.
• Ability to prepare official correspondence and clear, technically sound, accurate outlines for reports.
• Knowledge of current programs offered by Affordable Housing and private organizations to deal with community projects.
• Ability to do research in connection with and to assist in submission of proposals for projects to assist communities in meeting needs of the residents.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate resources and available services designed to meet the needs of the local residents.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret federal, state, and private foundation regulations for submitting applications.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships with associates in the department and state and federal agencies involved in the human or social service fields.
• Ability to comprehend established office routines and department regulations. • Ability to perform work effectively with associates, superior officials, and members of the public problems/procedures involved in the enforcement of relevant rules and ordinances.
This is a Civil Service Job and you must eventually pass and qualify for the applicable Civil Service title.
To apply for this job with the City of Jersey City, please fill out our Employment Application.
Please note that this role is subject to the residency requirements set forth by NJ First Act.DocuSign Envelope ID: 4C07DFE4-B07B-45D6-BC19-C4EC6A8896DF