The Alan M. Voorhees Transportation Center (VTC) at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy is currently hiring a Research Assistant. The research assistant will assist with all aspects of Together North Jersey’s community vision plan for the Village of Asbury. This position will have a focus on research and writing.
About the Village of Asbury Community Vision Plan: The Village of Asbury was awarded a technical assistance grant from Together North Jersey’s Vibrant Places Program to develop a strategic community vision plan. The project is currently under way and has entered the public outreach phase, which will be instrumental in informing recommendations in the final report.
Research Assistant responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning, analyzing, and summarizing findings from the public survey.
- Research, writing, and overall support for the final vision plan, which will include topics such as: active transportation improvements; expanding access to recreational areas; rural economic development strategies. All these topics will need to be addressed through the lens of sustainable development and working within a protected watershed region.
- Provide support to the Lambertville project, another technical assistance project of Together North Jersey.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written, research, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments independently and under tight deadlines
- Graphical capabilities preferred, such as InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
Hours and compensation: This position works up to 20 per week. Compensation will be based on previous experience.
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email Miriam Salerno at Miriam.firstname.lastname@example.org with their resume. In lieu of a formal cover letter, please include any relevant information about interest/experience in the body of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to Miriam.email@example.com