This is an opportunity to join one of New Jersey’s most successful telecommunications services companies. This newly created position will be an integral part of our operations team as we embark on the next phase of our growth.
Established in 2008, ASG Inc. is quickly becoming a leader in offering turn-key engineering, construction and data services solutions. ASG has operations in thirteen US locations in addition to our two offices in Ireland. We plan, design, build and service our clients in the Telecommunications, IT and Software Development sector. We believe that business needs to be disruptive and creative in order to thrive, and we think it’s important to provide an exciting and vibrant place to work.
Perform all the functions of a GIS Technician with additional responsibilities such as being the point of contact for the client, acting as the project lead, and mentoring/training new employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to, performing technical and
• creative map designs to support specific projects.
• Work with engineers, managers to ensure accurate information is presented on plan sets and when needed, assist them in the field.
• Follow specific and detailed procedures already implemented and, at times, be required to adjust and adapt to changing standards and procedures without notice.
• Performs data entry and maintenance in various GIS systems required for map production. Including but not limited to (ESRI Online, ESRI Collector, Survey123, ESRI Map Apps, ArcMap Desktop, ArcGIS Pro, QGIS, Qfield)
• Provides quality assurance on completed works from less experienced team members.
• Meets production timelines and quotas assigned by the GIS Manager.
• Acts as project lead under the supervision of the GIS Manager
• Communicate with internal and external clients to establish project requirements.
• Assigns individual project tasks to team members.
• Provides project status updates to internal and external clients.
• Works with internal and external clients to process post-production change orders.
• Identifies project roadblocks and works with GIS Manager to devise solutions.
• Assists GIS Manager with daily tasks
• Degree or certification in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work • experience.
• Works with Microsoft Office suite of products.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills.
• Proven strong analytic / problem solving skills.
• Work independently under minimal supervision.
• Demonstrates ability to be detail-oriented and thorough in reviewing data for accuracy.
ASG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. ASG strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to TA@asginc.us
ASG is an innovator in the information communication technology industry, providing end-to-end solutions with design and construction services.
We start with ROW and site acquisitions, develop the plan and design, build the infrastructure and cost-effectively deliver a completed state-of-the-art project.