The New Jersey Food Council (NJFC), a trade association representing the retail food distribution industry in New Jersey, seeks an Associate Director of Public Affairs to join the team. The Associate Director would assist in coordinating and executing the NJFC legislative and policy agenda at the State level. Responsibilities include:
Tracks bills and analyzes legislation and movement through Legislature.
- Prepares alerts, industry position and testimony on legislative and regulatory affairs.
- Works with NJFC team and members to develop government affairs strategies.
- Acts as liaison between members and government agencies.
- Informs members on proposed rules, regulations, and legislation.
- Reports to Government Affairs Committee and other Committees by preparing appropriate material for agenda and discussion at meetings.
- Files required reports with Election Law Enforcement Commission.
- Represents the association at outside meetings and at legislative fundraisers.
- Assists with PAC endorsements, strategies and fundraising activities.
- Prepares weekly News and Views newsletter and writes Annual Report and Directory.
- Assists with event preparation and writing promotional materials.
- Maintains Social Media effort.
- Assists with grassroots and educational campaign tools.
- Helps develop membership.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree and limited experience in political environment which may include internships. Excellent written and oral communication skills are expected, advance experience in social media and organizational skills are required. A desire to network in the NJ political scene is a must. Some travel, mostly inside the State of NJ, is necessary. This position also requires an ability to thrive in a small office setting with a fast-paced environment, balance many projects at once, multitask and exercise good time management.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Salary starts around $40,000 with generous benefits including comprehensive paid health/dental/prescription coverage, a 401k plan, and paid vacation.
Submit resume, cover letter, writing sample and list of references to:
New Jersey Food Council
Subject: Open Position
429 Riverview Plaza
Trenton, NJ 08611
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com