The Chatham County – Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission (MPC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position listed below:
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION PLANNER
This is a transportation planning position focused primarily on managing the short-range Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), working on the performance-based planning and programming to ensure PBPP compliance, supporting other core functions of the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), coordinating, and managing the transit planning tasks related to the MPO, and managing special studies as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred in Transportation planning or Urban Planning with a concentration in Transportation planning or Engineering; and five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional transportation planning experience in the public sector and working knowledge of local/regional government operations; including at least three years of MPO experience. Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and public presentation skills are essential. GIS skills are preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of: Metropolitan Transportation Planning regulations procedures and processes; transportation systems planning procedures
· Serve as staff lead for developing, maintaining, and updating the MPO’s Transportation Improvement Program
· Serve as the staff lead for coordinating with the transit agencies and conducing transit planning tasks
· Assist in the development of the multi-modal Metropolitan Transportation Plan and other plans and programs such as Congestion management Process and the Non-Motorized Plan
· Strong understanding of state and federal legislation as related to MPO planning
· Previous experience with grant writing
· Project management and consultant management experience
· Strong skill set with data collection, data analysis and GIS mapping and should be able to relay complicated data sets to a variety of audiences both technical and non-technical
· The applicant will actively coordinate the development of traffic impact studies for a wide range of development proposals, analyze study findings, and present recommendations to the Board
· Previous experience with sustainability and resilience planning is desired
· Ability to effectively interact with government and private sector agencies, developers, private consultants, and the public, as well as working cooperatively with other professionals on project teams
· Possess excellent technical analysis abilities and an understanding of the planning process to advance the MPO’s initiatives
· Responsible for coordinating with the federal, state and local agencies and developing documents and reports to ensure that the MPO’s plans, and programs are consistent with the Performance Based Planning and Program requirements
· Participate or manage corridor, area, and multimodal transportation studies
Email resume and cover letter including salary requirements to: Pamela Everett, Assistant Executive Director, Compliance & Operations, Chatham County-Savannah Metropolitan Planning Commission, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: Transportation Planning. Open until filled. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MPC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, M/F/H
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com