RESEARCH ANALYST INTERN (HYBRID)
The business development department is currently seeking a graduate-level intern to perform research and analysis in support of the organization’s policy and strategy. As the Research Analyst Intern, you will also provide data analytics and statistical support to assist with lead generation activities and request for information.
This position will report to the Research Manager. This is a paid part-time internship with expectation for a start date of January 2022.
This position will be onboarded as a hybrid, with the expectation to work in the Choose New Jersey office in Newark, NJ (during normal business hours) and virtually from home.
- Supports Research Manager in the preparation of requests for information from site selectors, real estate brokers and other key service providers
- Assists the Business Development Officers with industry data, workforce development reports, statistics and analysis to support responses to customers for information
- Researches data and information to support the creation of marketing collateral materials and the website
- Crafts reports comparing New Jersey’s costs of living, taxes, and regulations to other states.
- Collaborates with state agencies, county economic development offices, and utility companies to support client needs.
- Supports Business Development team with preparation of client presentations.
- Perform research, analysis, provide insight to the management team to drive sound decision-making.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree program in public policy, planning, economics or related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research capabilities including data mining, mapping, and business analytics
- Familiarity with economic development issues preferred
- Knowledge of / willingness to learn research database platforms such as JobsEQ, Cushman & Wakefield Marketbeat
- Ability to commit to 15 hours per week during normal business hours of Monday- Friday between 9am and 5pm
- Ability to work in the Choose New Jersey office in Newark, NJ for a portion of those hours
- Resourceful, well organized, deadline-driven and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Choose New Jersey
Choose New Jersey is a privately funded 501(c)(3) nonprofit economic development organization. Our mission is to stimulate job creation and attract capital investment to New Jersey. We market New Jersey both domestically and internationally as the best place to grow your business in the United States. Our knowledgeable, experienced staff, supported by a network of State agencies and private partners, provide free, confidential assistance to guide companies in establishing operations here. By harnessing the power of business, labor, academic and government leaders, we enable growth across all sectors of our State’s economy. We aspire to build a stronger and more prosperous New Jersey for all.