East New York Community Land Trust (ENYCLT) was founded during the pandemic by local residents with the support of Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation, who is our fiscal sponsor. We are seeking a full time CLT Coordinator as we work towards becoming an independent membership organization capable of handling all of our operations functions ourselves. The CLT Coordinator will help us plan and establish systems necessary to reach the goal of becoming an independent, democratic, membership-based CLT.
ENYCLT is a grassroots, people of color-led non-profit organization founded by East New York and Brownsville residents dedicated to preserving affordability for future generations. We organize around a vision of a self-sustaining community where our people come before profit. Specifically, we are organizing and building power to bring land into community ownership.
● Plan and establish baseline non-profit operational systems including financial management, fundraising and communications, government contracting, insurance/risk management, human resources and IT.
● Manage ENYCLT’s transition to a democratic, membership-based organization. Right now, our work is conducted by a core group of residents who make up our steering committee. The CLT Coordinator’s job will be to formalize and expand our membership structure ensuring that democratic policies are in place to ensure that the organization is led-by and accountable to its membership. This work also includes developing a plan for new member outreach and orientations,the collection of annual dues and ongoing member training and leadership development and designing strategies to increase membership growth.
● Develop and implement CLT stewardship systems. The CLT Coordinator will work with the ENYCLT Board and Steering Committee to create systems for governing the relationship between the CLT, lessees, and the community. This work includes supporting the development of ground leases, creating educational materials for CLT residents/lessees, and systems to ensure that the CLT and the lessee are operating in accordance to our policies and procedures.
● Mission and Values Alignment: Must believe in the importance of collective ownership and governance of land by the Black and Brown people of East New York and Brownsville
● Familiarity with the structure and operation of community land trusts (experience working with community land trusts is a plus)
● Experience with operational aspects of non-profit planning and financial management and government contracting
● Experience with communications and fundraising
● Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills in addition to exceptional written and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail.
● 4+ years of work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years work experience post-college
● Fluency in Spanish and/or Bangla is a plus
This position is 35 hours per week. The salary is $70,000/year. Additional benefits include paid time off and medical, dental and vision coverage.
Please submit a cover letter and resume describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com with “CLT Coordinator” in the subject line. Please also indicate in your cover letter where you heard about the position.
A reference check will be required prior to any job offers being made.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION (CHLDC) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND
CHLDC is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience EOE Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org