The U.S. Department of Transportation Volpe Center is pleased to announce a job posting for entry- and mid-level Community Planner positions. We’re looking for passionate, creative problem-solvers who care about making the future of transportation better for everyone.
We encourage planners interested in transportation and public service to apply for the Community Planner position. Planners at the Volpe Center work on topics ranging from emerging technologies to resilience and safety at the federal, state, and local levels. We are a passionate group of planners and analysts looking for energetic individuals committed to public service to join us as we work with sister agencies in U.S. DOT, international organizations, federal land management agencies, and others to plan the next generation of transportation systems and programs. We are particularly interested in filling roles on our Public Lands Team to help improve transportation access to National Parks. You can learn more about our Public Lands Team and the work that we do here. We are also looking for planners to support implementation of the unprecedented Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. It is an exciting time to join our team!
Volpe is committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse workforce where employees feel valued for their unique backgrounds and qualities and have a sense of belonging and engagement in helping to advance transportation for the public good.
- All applications must be submitted through the USA Jobs website. https://www.usajobs.gov/job/664907000
- The job posting is open until October 12, 2022
- Resumes submitted by email will not be considered.
- Apply early. We encourage you to start your application as early as possible, especially if this is your first time using USAJobs.
- Give yourself full credit. Statistics show that women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and other minoritized people tend to underplay their capabilities and experiences. Keep this in mind, and make sure that you give yourself full credit in your application!
- Give detail. Provide a descriptive resume that explains how your background and experiences meet the specific requirements as outlined in the position description on USAJobs (e.g., use key words from the posting).
- Be thorough. Double- and triple-check to make sure you include all transcripts and other required documents!
For more application tips, read Tips on Applying Online to Department of Transportation Jobs.
About the U.S. DOT Volpe Center
The Volpe Center is located in Kendall Square in the culturally diverse and academically rich city of Cambridge, MA. When you work at the Volpe Center, you work with talented professionals who enjoy applying their expertise in the service of others to address the nation’s most pressing and complex transportation challenges.