The Community Scholars Program (a paid internship) is committed to fostering the next generation of young professionals and building the capacity of our community development members in New Jersey. The Network seeks to engage upper-level college and graduate students interested in the policy and community development fields. We provide scholars an opportunity to be immersed within a project(s) and receive firsthand experience with some of the most impactful non-profit organizations in the state.
To Apply: https://www.hcdnnj.org/communityscholars
The Network’s mission is to promote economic justice and the empowerment of low-income individuals and communities through access to safe and decent shelter for low- and moderate-income residents in New Jersey. The VISTA project will support 200+ member organizations who are addressing homelessness, foreclosure prevention, and veterans issues and provide support and infrastructure to help build their capacity and better serve the thousands of clients that count on them for services. Learn more here!
Over the course of twelve months VISTA members will perform activities such as working alongside seasoned housing, planning and non-profit experts on the issues including:
- engaging service providers, infrastructure, and education;
- produce ongoing issue communications (including traditional and emerging media tools);
- engage in efforts to integrate issues with other local, statewide and national Network and partner activities;
- plan and execute events to highlight the need for changes to homelessness, foreclosure, and healthy housing issues;
- promote funding streams to serve our members, individuals and families that create affordable homes and address the long term needs of NJ residents;
- conduct ongoing research about and promoting best-practices in the field
- To Apply: https://www.hcdnnj.org/americorpsvista