Real Estate Insights Analyst
CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
CompStak is looking for a Real Estate Researcher to join the Real Estate Intelligence team in analyzing and interpreting CompStak’s unique commercial lease, sale and property data set, providing best-in-class insights on the commercial real estate (CRE) market, and producing compelling research content.
Goals of Real Estate Intelligence team at CompStak:
● Establish CompStak as a thought leader and source for real estate and economic trends through the
production of blogs, reports, charts and visual content.
● Showcase CompStak’s unique, accurate, real time and real market and transaction data and
● Create content that helps CompStak’s Client Success team engage, maintain, and
grow Enterprise client base.
● Highlight CompStak’s products like analytics, new product launches, initiatives,
partners/clients, etc. through content.
● Drive traffic to website and conversion to new leads for both Exchange and Enterprise.
● Engage and publish with media/industry news.
- Participate in and inform all parts of RE Intelligence’s content strategy including ideation, data collection, analysis, production, and publication.
- Monitor and report on key issues and trends impacting the Commercial Real Estate Industry and the broader economy from the perspective of brokers, tenants, lenders, investors, appraisers, and more using CompStak data and other resources.
- Build and manage RE Intelligence internal dashboards tracking market trends in coordination with Data Science team.
- Develop and write custom blogs, articles and charts for email newsletters using CompStak data and layering in other data and sources.
- Publish data-driven reports in coordination with Marketing team, targeting CRE brokers, appraisers, researchers, investors, and lenders.
- Create presentations for internal and external events.
- Produce infographics, charts, graphs, and maps to visualize trends and analysis using Microsoft Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign), and other graphic database, presentation, and planning software.
- In conjunction with overall team, build processes and tools for quality control, analysis, content production and review.
- As requested, field internal requests/questions for RE intelligence from Enterprise or Exchange Sales, Product or other teams.
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years professional experience in CRE, economic, capital markets or financial research and market analysis.
- Knowledge of macro and micro CRE market dynamics and the impact of demographics, technology, and economics on real estate fundamentals.
- Knowledge of one or more CRE sectors – industrial, office, retail and/or multifamily.
- Knowledge of basic statistics and financial terms required.
- Familiarity with economic, financial, and real estate market data resources including public resources like BLS and the Census and subscription data providers like Moody’s/REIS.
- Experience cleaning, managing, and analyzing large data sets/databases.
- Ability to synthesize data and communicate conclusions/trends.
- Desire to work collaboratively with other members of the team and CompStak departments.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Strong MS Excel/PPT skills.
- BA/BS required, preferably in Economics, Real Estate, Finance, Urban Planning or Business Administration.
- Experience in ArcGIS or other spatial/mapping software strongly preferred.
- Experience in SQL and Python or other data analysis or visualization languages or software a plus.
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.