Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. (EPS) is an innovative consulting firm working in land use policy and urban planning, housing, economic and community development, real estate development, and public finance. Since 1983 we have served a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States with an emphasis on sustainable and equitable urban development and community resiliency.
EPS is seeking a qualified person to join our Denver team. We welcome people of all backgrounds and identities to apply. We offer an intellectually stimulating and challenging work environment, frequent client contact and exposure, rewarding project assignments, and advancement opportunity. We are committed to a healthy work-life balance and invest in our staff through on-the-job training, monthly “lunch-and-learns,” and staff retreats and social events, with the goal of developing well-rounded consultants experienced in the full range of services offered by the firm.
EPS promotes a collaborative professional environment and values diverse perspectives that strengthen our understanding of issues and enhances our services to our clients and their communities. We are passionate about work that results in strategies to promote great and sustainable places. We help communities expand in an equitable way by planning for healthy, diverse neighborhoods, balanced economic growth, affordable housing, enhanced transit and public services, and innovative land use investments.
An EPS Associate collaborates with EPS Principals, staff, and partner firms to complete consulting assignments related to urban issues including affordable housing, equitable urban investment, transit-oriented development, economic development and revitalization, fiscal and economic impacts, and open space and conservation planning. They prepare quantitative and qualitative research and analysis, participate in stakeholder engagement, and prepare written and spoken deliverables.
Qualifications and Skills
· Master’s degree in urban and regional planning, urban economics, real estate, public policy, or related field (or bachelor’s degree plus directly related work experience)
· 1 to 3 years of related experience in consulting or related public sector position
· Strong spreadsheet modeling and data analysis skills
· Knowledge of basic demographic and economic analysis techniques and data sources
· Basic knowledge of real estate market and financial analysis
· GIS/spatial analysis and graphics skills
· Strong problem solving and written and oral communication skills
· Interest in the economics of land use, evolution of places, and local economic and community development
· Starting salary $65,000 to $75,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
· Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, and paid time off
EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org