One of our alumnus sent this posting for an equity practitioner for their new Equity Center of Excellence! They are seeking candidates with a few years of experience.
Here’s the job posting: https://phe.tbe.taleo.net/phe01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=V8D6AK&cws=37&rid=5685
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Equity Consultant, located in Los Angeles, CA or other major US offices (i.e. New York City, Philadelphia, Denver, San Francisco or Seattle). This position will report to the new Equity Center of Excellence (ECE) within our US Advisory practice. Advisory combines the firm’s infrastructure expertise and management consulting leadership to serve as trusted advisors to owners, operators, developers and builders of infrastructure across the globe. We guide our clients through solving some of their most complex infrastructure challenges by providing a unique combination of engineering principles, technology, and management consulting skills. Come join us and help shape the future!
The Equity Consultant will be responsible for helping develop and support WSP’s new Equity Center of Excellence. This unique position includes guiding internal business practices and external consulting with a focus on equity. The role will be instrumental in supporting our markets, practices and clients’ efforts to design processes, spaces and workplaces that are inclusive and reflective of the diverse communities in which we live, work and serve. This role will contribute thought leadership in designing and implementing a framework and programs around client-wide and community-based initiatives around equity. Working together with fellow ECE team members and equity practitioners around WSP, this role will to integrate equity principles and thought leadership into pursuits and projects through the application and integration of best practices, training and development of staff and tracking and measurement of outcomes. Duties and assignments will be broad in scope and strategic in nature, including strategic planning, analysis, research, and administrative functions as required.
- Build the ECE by helping with equity toolkit development, market research, capability development, thought capital, and knowledge management
- Represent the ECE in internal and external meetings, grasping the basics of a project/pursuit/client need and understanding and communicating the equity considerations and opportunities
- Build relationships with internal and external clients to make suggestions on business processes and practices and opportunities for improvement around equity
- Conduct research or analysis using demonstrated skills and relevant experience in planning, transportation, environmental, energy or related field
- Gather data and perform qualitative and quantitative analysis with high degree of independence
- Apply evolving equity requirements and innovative practices to large, highly visible projects across the US
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends and current and emerging practices
- Continuous technical excellence and ability to share and develop other staff on a variety of levels
- Experience in developing and leading presentations, seminars or workshops, and writing papers about equity
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and meet deadlines
Who You Are
- In recognition of the full strategic suite of services offered by Advisory Services, the following degree requirements apply:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Sciences, Business, Economics, Finance, Urban or Transportation Planning, Environmental Studies, Liberal Arts, Public Policy, Operations Research, or closely related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant post education experience in discipline and in a management consulting or client advisory capacity.
- Experience with equity and/or inclusion and diversity initiatives and/or projects in the A/E/C industry
- Experience in developing or evaluating policies or legislation, including housing, health equity, and/or economic analysis
- Demonstrated data analysis and research skills and experience (Excel, ArcGIS, Stata, Tableau, modeling)
- Effective analytical, verbal, and written and oral communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams, Adobe Creative Suite and other communications-related software programs
- Participation in conference program with panels, poster sessions, papers and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Collaborative spirit
- Enthusiasm for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures • Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Prior experience within the engineering consulting industry is preferred.
- Management Consulting, Advisory or Data Science experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career.
Expected Salary: $65,900 – $126,500
WSP USA is providing the compensation range and general description of other compensation and benefits that the company in good faith believes it might pay and/or offer for this position based on the successful applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities in addition to internal equity and geographic location. WSP USA reserves the right to ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and offer additional benefits and other compensation, depending on circumstances not related to an applicant’s sex or other status protected by local, state, or federal law.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Travel Required: N/A – No travel required
- Job Status: Regular
- Employee Type: Full
- Primary Location: LOS ANGELES – SOUTH FLOWER ST
- All locations: US-CA-Los Angeles, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CO-Denver, US-DC-Washington, US-FL-Miami, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Austin
At WSP, we are driven by inspiring future-ready pioneers to innovate. We’re looking to grow our teams with people who are ready to collaborate in building communities and expanding our skylines. To do this, we hire candidates of all backgrounds. That’s why here at WSP, inclusion, diversity, equity and belonging are core principles. Anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!