Join a leading transportation and transit planning company and advance your career! Foursquare Integrated Transportation Planning, Inc. (Foursquare ITP) is looking for a qualified, motivated, and passionate candidate to lead our growth in the Atlanta region. We have an opening for an experienced Senior Transportation Planner/Project Manager to start our on-the-ground presence in Atlanta. This position provides the opportunity to support company expansion and projects in and around Atlanta, while contributing to a wide variety of transportation planning projects across the United States and working with some of the best and brightest in the industry. Join our team that is currently:
- Leading four major efforts in the Atlanta region, including the Gwinnett County Transit Development Plan, the Central Atlanta Progress South Downtown Atlanta Transportation Plan, the ATL Annual Report and Audit, and the GDOT Statewide Intercity Bus Study.
- Supporting the ATL Regional Transit Plan, the Rockdale County Transit Master Plan, and the Cobb County Transit Centers Study.
You will be responsible for leading tasks and projects in a variety of areas within transit and transportation planning. You will work as part of a team and will be responsible for leading teams and working with clients to deliver quality work in a collaborative process. Depending on your expertise, experience, and interests, your work may be more or less focused in a particular service area or take a broad approach across multiple service areas. This is not an administrative position; Foursquare ITP senior planners and project managers must be strong transportation planners in their own right so they can develop methodology, mentor and train staff, perform business development, and contribute to analysis. Tasks may include data analysis and reporting, strategic and financial planning, performance measurement, innovative research, and meeting participation on a wide variety of transportation projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with clients to understand their needs and deliver high-quality work that meets and exceeds their expectations.
- Developing, managing, and conducting technical processes and applying broad transportation knowledge and specialty knowledge to projects.
- Writing reports, technical memos, and presentations.
- Managing tasks and small or large projects depending on experience.
- Providing mentoring, training, technical direction, and expertise to less experienced staff.
- Reviewing and editing work of others and providing constructive feedback.
- Supporting business development activities and assisting with proposals.
Required Skills and Experience
In addition to having the appropriate training and skills, you must be a smart, motivated self-starter who is passionate about transit and transportation planning and has excellent written and oral communication skills.
Requirements vary by level within the Senior Transportation Planner and Project Manager positions and range from a bachelor’s degree and five or more years of highly relevant full-time work experience to a related master’s degree with four or more years of highly relevant work experience. Additionally, the selected candidate must have:
- Strong experience in one or more of Foursquare ITP’s core focus areas listed above.
- Experience conducting analysis or research, developing approaches to address transportation planning problems, and/or creating policy recommendations for various transportation issues.
- Depth of experience conducting transportation planning analysis prior to any current management role.
- Experience managing projects, budgets, and other employees on your project teams.
- Experience mentoring and training staff.
- Experience with ArcGIS.
- Experience with business development including proposal writing.
Other desired, but not required skills include:
- Experience with graphic design programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, SketchUp, Rhino
- Coding in R or Python
- Tableau or Power BI
Foursquare ITP enjoys a strong reputation and provides our team members the opportunity to work on a wide variety of high-visibility, high-impact projects. Our company conducts a broad range of transportation planning studies, with specific expertise in transit service and operations planning, corridor studies, multimodal access planning, transportation demand management, strategic planning and performance measurement, and bike share planning. Foursquare ITP is a woman-owned business based in downtown Washington, DC. We are celebrating our “Sweet 16” anniversary in 2022 and have more than 45 employees across our offices in DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and in other locations.
The selected candidates for this position must be located within commuting distance to Atlanta.
Salary Range: $94,000 – $141,000
Where you fall in the salary range is based on education, years of experience, and relevance of experience.
In addition to a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications, we provide an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Generous vacation and personal leave.
- Potential to earn performance-based bonus.
- Flexible holiday leave and sick leave programs.
- Generous work from home policy.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account option.
- Subsidized transit benefit.
- Complimentary personal financial planning through our benefits administrator.
- Established internal technical training program, along with peer-led trainings and knowledge sharing.
- Management training programs.
- Professional development opportunities and conference attendance.
- Paid membership to an industry organization.
- Paid cell phone plan.
- Semi-annual retreats with fun activities.
- Holiday/New Year party for all employees and their significant others.
- Summer picnic for all employees and their families.
Foursquare ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
About Foursquare ITP
Foursquare ITP’s transportation planning work is focused in the following areas:
- Transit Service Planning
- Transit Operations and Facilities Planning
- New Mobility
- Regional and Statewide Planning
- Corridor Planning
- TDM and Parking
- Bike/Ped Planning and Multimodal Access
- Strategic and Financial Planning
Our planning work is supported by three cross-cutting teams focused on: Data Science, Public and Stakeholder Engagement, and GIS.
Foursquare ITP’s work is centered on our four core values, and we are looking for someone who lives these every day:
Passion for the Profession
Our success is rooted in our belief in and passion for our work, meeting all challenges with the appropriate set of skills, knowledge, and the desire to do our best.
Dedication to Our Clients
We approach our clients with integrity, open communication, and collaboration to ensure that their needs are being met. Each client receives the personal attention, respect, and high-quality work for which we are known.
Investment in Each Other
We respect all team members professionally and personally. We focus on continuous professional growth and improvement and promote a healthy balance between work and outside endeavors.
Our team is driven by a can-do spirit and a strong work ethic, applying our adaptability and resourcefulness to every task. We truly enjoy our work and bring a positive attitude that is evident in everything we do.