Are you passionate about sustainable transportation? Do you enjoy meeting new people and developing relationships? If so, Foursquare ITP is looking for you!
Foursquare ITP is looking to hire a smart, talented, and motivated individual to join the goDCgo School Services team. goDCgo is the District Department of Transportation’s (DDOT) Transportation Demand Management (TDM) program operated by Foursquare ITP. goDCgo aims to reduce the number of drive-alone trips in Washington, DC by encouraging commuters, residents, and visitors to bike, walk, scoot, carpool, telework, and use public transit through a coordinated multi-layered program.
As a member of goDCgo you will be a part of Foursquare ITP’s larger team that conducts transportation planning work and other TDM work throughout the country. You’ll benefit from company-wide trainings and introduction to a variety of aspects of transportation planning beyond goDCgo.
You will work as part of a high performing, award-winning team. You will be responsible for developing a work plan for the innovative and highly successful TDM for Schools program based on strategies and recommendations set forth in DDOT’s TDM for Schools Plan. You will conduct direct outreach to public, charter, and private school students and staff throughout the District, building the relationships needed to effectively collaborate on strategies that will shift travel behaviors away from driving alone toward other modes such as walking, biking, carpooling, and public transit. On occasion you will work on other aspects of the goDCgo TDM program as needed to support colleagues on related endeavors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of goDCgo team to accomplish scoped goals.
- Developing and executing a program work plan and marketing campaign(s) to grow a culture of sustainable commuting in District schools
- Supporting the design and production of customized marketing materials to facilitate awareness and encouragement of using sustainable transportation options
- Creating and distributing dedicated emails and school newsletters to administrators, teachers, and parents
- Providing professional customized consultative services to District schools to help increase awareness and use of modes such as walking, biking, carpooling, and transit among students, families, and staff
- Organizing and hosting events, such as webinars, lunch and learns, and workshops to raise awareness of sustainable transportation options among school staff and administrators
- Conducts regular in-person and virtual outreach to school and transportation stakeholders
- Organizes and supports transportation events related to TDM in schools
- Supporting the School Parking Zone law application process by helping with surveys and developing sustainable transportation plans
- Implementing incentive programs to promote bike commuting to teachers, school staff, and students
Required Skills and Experience
In addition to having the appropriate training and skills, you must be a smart, motivated, organized self-starter who is passionate about sustainable transportation and has excellent written and oral communication skills.
The selected candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Education, Public Relations, or Public Administration or related area preferred. Relevant degree can be substituted with sufficient experience in TDM, schools, a public agency, or non-profit setting
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience in a progressively responsible role is preferred
Other desired, but not required skills, include:
- Proficiency in Spanish.
- Demonstrated experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Strong demonstrated skills in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- An understanding of and experience utilizing sales principles (e.g., developing and qualifying leads, handling objections, closing sales)
Foursquare ITP enjoys a strong reputation and provides our team members with the opportunity to work on a wide variety of high-visibility, high-impact projects—including the highly regarded goDCgo program. Our company conducts a broad range of transportation planning studies, with specific expertise in transit service and operations planning, corridor studies, multimodal access planning, transportation demand management, strategic planning and performance measurement, and bike share planning. Foursquare ITP is a woman-owned business headquartered in downtown Washington, DC that was founded in 2006. We have nearly 50 employees across our offices in DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and other locations.
The selected candidates for these positions must be located within commuting distance to DC and be willing to work a hybrid schedule, spending time at the client’s office in DC and occasionally at Foursquare ITP’s office, also in DC.
Compensation and Requirements
Bachelor’s degree with -1 years of experience or some college with at least 2 years of TDM experience.
$65,000 – $75,000
In addition to a competitive salary based on experience and qualifications we provide an extensive benefits package that includes:
- Generous vacation and personal leave.
- Flexible holiday leave and sick leave programs.
- Generous work from home policy.
- 401k with company match.
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Short term and long-term disability insurance.
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account.
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account option.
- Subsidized transit benefit.
- Complimentary personal financial planning through our benefits administrator.
- Established internal technical training program, along with peer-led trainings and knowledge sharing.
- Management training programs
- Professional development opportunities and conference attendance.
- Paid membership to an industry organization.
- Paid cell phone plan.
- Semi-annual retreats with fun activities.
- Holiday/New Year party for all employees and their significant others.
- Summer picnic for all employees and their families.
Foursquare ITP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment.
About Foursquare ITP
Foursquare ITP’s transportation planning work is focused in the following areas:
- Transit Service Planning
- Transit Operations and Facilities Planning
- New Mobility
- Regional and Statewide Planning
- Corridor Planning
- TDM and Parking
- Bike/Ped Planning and Multimodal Access
- Strategic and Financial Planning
Our planning work is supported by three cross-cutting teams focused on: Data Science, Public and Stakeholder Engagement, and GIS.
Foursquare ITP’s work is centered on our four core values, and we are looking for someone who lives these every day:
Passion for the Profession
Our success is rooted in our belief in and passion for our work, meeting all challenges with the appropriate set of skills, knowledge, and the desire to do our best.
Dedication to Our Clients
We approach our clients with integrity, open communication, and collaboration to ensure that their needs are being met. Each client receives the personal attention, respect, and high-quality work for which we are known.
Investment in Each Other
We respect all team members professionally and personally. We focus on continuous professional growth and improvement and promote a healthy balance between work and outside endeavors.
Our team is driven by a can-do spirit and a strong work ethic, applying our adaptability and resourcefulness to every task. We truly enjoy our work and bring a positive attitude that is evident in everything we do.