NJBIA is seeking Spring 2022 interns, who have strong research and writing skills, a basic understanding of governmental processes, and an interest in New Jersey politics, to join our Government Affairs team. Selected interns are financially compensated for their hours worked: undergraduate students receive $13.00/hour and graduate students receive $16.00/hour. The association also works with interns to secure academic credit, if applicable.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in policy and economic research;
- Assisting in quantitative and qualitative research;
- Assisting in the development of educational materials on high-priority legislative issues;
- Attending state legislative committee meetings;
- Monitoring state and federal legislation and regulatory issues;
- Drafting correspondence and policy positions;
- Maintaining databases;
- Attending and assisting at events.
- An undergraduate junior/senior or a graduate student majoring in Political Science, Government Affairs, Public Policy, Business, Economics or related disciplines;
- Proven success in research methods and/or economics course(s);
- A strong interest in research;
- Proficiency in state/federal database navigation;
- Proficiency in excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and in a team atmosphere;
- Must have the ability to complete work in a timely manner;
- Must be well-organized and highly reliable.
Interns will report to the Chief Government Affairs Officer.
A cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three recommendation letters are required.
Students should indicate the research methods and/or economics courses taken in their cover letter.
NJBIA Contact: Chrissy Buteas, Chief Government Affairs Officer- firstname.lastname@example.org
About New Jersey Business & Industry Association
The New Jersey Business & Industry Association provides information, services and advocacy to its member companies to build a more prosperous New Jersey. We are the nation’s largest statewide employer association.