Center for Youth Political Participation at Eagleton Institute of Politics is seeking a Graduate Assistant. Deadline: June 16
Links to an external site.at the Eagleton Institute of Politics
Links to an external site. on Douglass Campus is looking for an hourly graduate assistant to support the Center’s programming, including the RU Voting and RU Ready programs.
About the Center for Youth Political Participation
The Center for Youth Political Participation celebrates and supports political learning and engagement among young people through research, public service and education, driven by the potential impact of Gen Z on American democracy. Comprised of three programs; RU Ready
Links to an external site., RU Voting Links to an external site. and the Young Elected Leaders Project,
Links to an external site. our work encourages young adults to see themselves as part of the political process at all stages of life.
- Hourly based
- 25-30 hrs/week
- Term until June 30, 2024 with a possible extension
The graduate assistant will work with the Center’s director and program manager to help plan and execute the Center’s activities. Responsibilities may include:
- Organizing and implementing in-person voter registration and engagement practices and events on the Rutgers University-New Brunswick campus
- planning, coordination, and organization of Center’s event series, including its Pizza & Politics, Popcorn & Politics, and RU Running? program
- identifying and tracking key benchmarks for engagement, including voter registration, virtual analytics, and in-person engagement
- evaluates engagement of in-person activities and voter registration goals to expand CYPP mission and impact
- manages & recruits a team of students for the RU Ready program
- supports the program manager in acting as a liaison with area high schools & team of interns
- supports the RU Ready program by implementing in-person events with the RU Ready program manager
supports the implementation of the RU Ready in the Classroom program, including the RU Ready Civics Fair
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science or a related field
- Knowledge and understanding of mentoring undergraduate students
- Strong organizational and management skills; good judgment; project planning skills
- Strong personal initiative; self-motivated
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be currently enrolled Rutgers graduate or professional student
- Event planning or project management experience
- Access to a car and a valid drivers license
How to apply
Cover letters and resumes/CVs with contact information for two references should be emailed to email@example.com by Friday, June 16th.
Contact Jessica Ronan-Frisch for questions regarding the position.
Click here for more details: https://cypp.rutgers.edu/paid-opportunities/
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org