- Work as part of a project team under the direction of the Supervisor or Project Manager on a variety of transportation planning projects including transit planning, complete streets, traffic analysis, long range planning, community planning, or concept design and development.
- Create technical maps, reports, presentations, and other materials for stakeholders and clients to document planning study and concept design findings.
- Develop informative concepts and quality presentation materials for public meetings and project websites/pages including Storymaps and data visualization.
- Assist in the collection and analysis of project data.
- Effectively interacts with numerous internal staff, clients, and teaming partners to advance projects in a timely manner.
- Work to be expected includes
- Transit studies (rail and bus)
- Transit station design studies
- Transportation planning reports
- Bicycle and pedestrian studies
- Traffic engineering studies and analysis
- Corridor studies
- Local, regional and statewide multimodal transportation plans
This position is for the Spring/Summer 2022.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s or of Master’s degree program in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering or closely related field
- Experience with using collaborative software including Microsoft Teams and Office 365 (Word, Excel, etc.) or Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Experience with GIS
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to receive direction and execute prioritized tasks
- Responsive to requests from team members and clients
- Ability to write technical memos and reports using standard templates
- Strong conceptual, organizational, problem-solving and research abilities
- Students seeking Master’s degree preferred
- Familiarity with projects, initiatives, agencies, and authorities in the Delaware Valley and broader Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region
- Familiarity with Northeast Corridor passenger railroads and transit systems
- Experience with data analysis tools such as RStudio
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Experience working with or for transit agencies, DOTs, and/or public entities
- Preference given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Industry: Highway + Road
Employee Status: Temporary
BusinessClass: Transportation Planning
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About HDR, Inc.
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.