- Provide transportation planning services for transit, highway, state agencies, cities, and counties
- Take responsibility for corridor studies, forecast modeling, traffic analysis, transportation planning, and impact fee development
- Assimilate and manage data
- Collect project-related data as needed, which may include research, interviews with government agencies and clients, map reviews, land use surveys, and socioeconomic analysis
- Prepare constraints mapping
- Prepare required documents such as categorical exclusions, environmental assessments, environmental impact studies, etc.
- Assist in preparation for and participation in public information meetings and hearings
- Perform other duties as needed
- Familiarity with projects, initiatives, agencies, and authorities in the Philadelphia metropolitan area and broader Northeast/Mid-Atlantic region
- Bachelor’s in civil engineering, urban/transportation planning, or a related discipline; Master’s preferred
- Technical expertise in transit planning, design, project prioritization, and implementation processes
- Rail and bus operations and operations planning/simulation experience
- Passion for transportation planning and issues
- Strong technical writing and analytical skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, simultaneous assignments
- Proficiency with GIS and graphic design software
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture is a must
- Minimum 5 years of prior experience
- Familiarity with Northeast Corridor passenger railroads and transit systems
- AICP or PE license
- Preference will be given to local candidates
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental, and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.