Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services (INHS), a 47-year-old nonprofit, seeks a new Executive Director to lead our organization and its affiliates into our next 47 years.
Our new leader should have the following core qualifications:
- Strong people management and internal communication skills
- An ability to effectively collaborate with the board and with key community leaders
- Experience in fundraising from a variety of sources
- In depth understanding in at least one of the areas of affordable housing development, community development lending and CDFI compliance, property management, or asset management
- A grounding in financial management and a comprehensive understanding of how to maintain INHS’s financial health
- A minimum of ten years of relevant work experience, at least five of which will be at the senior management or Executive Director level, and
- A Master’s degree in city planning, business, real estate, or a related field, or the equivalent in additional work and training experience is preferred.
INHS offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes: 11 holidays, 4 weeks of vacation, contributions to a health plan and a SEP/IRA, as well as a 403b retirement plan. The salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-160,000, depending on qualifications and experience.
This is not a remote work position. The Executive Director is expected to both work and live in the region once they assume this position. For more information about INHS, see https://www.ithacanhs.org.
The Selection Process
Please submit a cover letter, detailing your interest and qualifications for this position and an up-to-date resume as one document to: Ann L Silverman Consulting, at https://annlsilverman.com/inhs-executive-director/. Questions can be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that if you have a strong interest in this position, but do not have all of the skills and experiences sought, we would still like to hear from you. In your cover letter, please describe what particular characteristics you bring to this position, and how you would propose to add to your skills. All applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. INHS seeks to fill this position by early 2024.
Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We encourage applications from candidates from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Ithaca Neighborhood Housing Services
INHS is an established and well-regarded organization dedicated to revitalizing neighborhoods and communities, and helping people of modest incomes secure—and stay in—high-quality housing in the beautiful Finger Lakes region of upstate New York.
INHS began as a Neighborhood Housing Services program in 1976, aiming to stop neighborhood decline in the City of Ithaca’s blue-collar neighborhoods by renovating dilapidated homes and increasing low- and moderate-income homeownership. INHS later expanded into affordable rental housing production, lending, and property management. Our services have grown almost continuously since the early 1980s, as the affordable housing challenges in the region have increased, and our service area has expanded.
Today, INHS builds new affordable housing, renovates older homes, manages property, provides grants and low-interest loans for home purchase and renovation, counsels first-time homebuyers, and assists seniors with small home repairs.