Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you’ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time–and we’re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and reviews research and equipment data and proposes recommendations relating to rolling stock asset condition and management.
- Develops insight to strategies, comprehensive project identifications, and prioritization approaches for enhancing fleet reliability through procurement and reliability programs.
- Researches new technologies that can be used to enhance rolling stock operations, improve customer experience, and help provide a path to a more sustainable rolling stock fleet.
- Assists in formulating and preparing strategic plans, budgets, and schedules for assigned rolling stock projects.
- Maintains familiarity with constantly changing federal/state policies and regulations.
- Collaborates with Operations departments to efficiently and strategically plan the procurement, retirement, and reliability programs of the rolling stock fleets.
- Works with the Planning department to identify future needs with respect to rolling stock such as ridership projections, new or expanded services, and private partnerships.
- Utilizes this information to help identify future rolling stock needs.
- Reviews memos and letters, tracks open items, reviews meeting minutes, updates progress reports, and attends and coordinates meetings.
- Provides insight to schedules and plans.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This Position Supervises:
- Strategic Fleet Analyst
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Transportation, Business Administration, or related field from a US Department of Education accredited college or university, and six (6) years of progressive managerial experience in strategic planning and policy analysis, with specific demonstrable knowledge and experience managing transportation projects and programs for at least three (3) years in a transportation-focused agency or company.
- Experience with the North American transportation industry, especially with interurban and densely areas is also desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with various kinds of vehicles and rolling stock is required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as technical knowledge and skills are required.
- A Master’s Degree in Planning, Business Administration, or related field is desirable. MS Office knowledge is required, as well as online communications and video conference software, such as Microsoft Teams, is also required.
- Strong understanding of project management tools such as Microsoft Project and Primavera is preferred.
- 20% Field
- 70% Office
- 10% Travel
- Ability to climb on/off rolling stock to conduct research and collect data, bend, kneel, crouch, and walk around for an extended period of time
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans – up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.