Michael Baker International is seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Transportation & Community Planner for our Allentown, PA Office. The position will support a variety of planning initiatives for community planning and development, economic development projects for public and private sector clients, redevelopment strategies, and transportation policy and planning.
- Provide community planning support for comprehensive plans, neighborhood plans, corridor studies, housing analyses, zoning and land development, redevelopment strategies, and economic development plans.
- Conduct analytical research on best practices and trends in community planning at the municipal, county, regional, and statewide scales.
- Work closely with county and local governments to promote community and economic development through comprehensive plans, redevelopment strategies, master plans, and related urban and rural planning initiatives.
- Conduct data research to prepare community profiles on land use, socioeconomic trends, housing and real estate market conditions, and related topics.
- Prepare technical reports, plans, and studies. This includes developing associated graphics, templates, and maps.
- Serve as a community engagement specialist to promote planning efforts and solicit public input.
- Field work as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Business, Economics, Government or Public Administration; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of professional work experience in community planning, economic development, public administration, or related role.
- AICP preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and analytical skills.
- Experience preparing written materials, such as formal studies, plans, and/or grant applications.
- Experience with U.S. Census Bureau and related data sets preferred.
- Familiarity with municipal and regional planning administration, land development, and regulatory policies.
- Experience with state and federal grant programs preferred.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams both within their organization and across organizational boundaries.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and in GIS Software preferred.
About Michael Baker International
Michael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of the world’s most complex infrastructure challenges for more than 80 years with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Based in Pittsburgh and with nearly 100 offices nationwide, we partner with clients on everything from roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, and airports, to water treatment plants, arctic oil pipelines, environmental restoration and specialized overseas construction. We serve as a trusted adviser to the communities we serve, making them safer, more accessible, more sustainable and more prosperous.
We provide visionary leadership in facilitating transformational change for our clients. Our work delivers differentiating innovations and dedicated experts who challenge the status quo and share a world of diverse experience and an impassioned entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver quality of life.