Reporting to the Office Services Manager; the Clerk 1 will provide administrative support to the Office of Planning staff and associated boards, assist with planning and organizing workshops and meetings, assists with preparing communications to the public, and other related duties as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Prepares written invitations, correspondence, and other materials for engaging stakeholders in meetings, workshops and other events.
- Edits, proofreads, and performs spelling or grammar checks to ensure typographical accuracy.
- Enters or types technical, scientific, financial, statistical, and other statements, reports, certificates, correspondence, memoranda, payrolls, vouchers, purchase orders, charts, forms, tabulations, bills, warrants, contracts, specifications, case records, manuscripts, and legal documents from copy, records, tapes, or other recording equipment.
- Utilizes printers and printing software to produce final documents; may make use of software packages such as standard word processing, spreadsheet, electronic mail (e-mail), desktop publishing and integrated software packages as required.
- Receives, screens, reviews and verifies documents.
- Reviews and checks assigned reports, applications, and other documents for corrections and completeness; refers problems to a lead worker or supervisor for resolution.
- Maintains prepared mailing lists.
- Receives applications, documents, forms and fees; screens, sorts and assembles this information for further processing.
- Assembles materials for distribution.
- Compiles information and/or numerical data.
- Provides general, routine information in person or over the telephone; refers complicated or non-routine inquiries to appropriate staff.
- May assist in requisitioning, storing, and distributing office supplies.
- Schedules meetings and administrative proceedings as required; may process requests for scheduling changes.
- Calendar management for MCOP Staff including meeting scheduling and room reservations
- Operates various types of office and mail processing machines such as a keyboard equipment, calculators, computer printers, photo-copier, fax machine, stamping machine, labeling machine, etc.; may perform simple maintenance tasks such as adding toner, paper or changing print ribbons.
- Enters or types simple or routine reports and/or assists in the preparation of reports by gathering data, tabulating results, and/or preparing simple charts.
- Maintains records and files.
- Will be required to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Optimizing the grant administration process.
- Managing timelines and deliverables.
- Tracking grant applications.
- Assists in editing application forms.
- Coordinating and engaging with grant writers.
- Identifying support agencies.
- Prepares batch mailings using mail merge.
- Prepares written resolutions and uploads to Minutetraq for further processing.
- Formats large technical studies for publication, and coordinates printing and dissemination.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-middlesexcountynj.icims.com/jobs/1366/clerk-1/job