Under the Supervising Planner – Sustainability and Resiliency’s direction, the Senior Planner will work in the Middlesex County Office of Planning and will be responsible for the development, analysis and coordination of various environmental, sustainability and resiliency-based programming, projects and planning initiatives. A primary focus area of the Senior Planner will be resiliency planning. The Senior Planner will conduct application reviews of Water Quality Management Plan, Wastewater Management Plan, and other related applications for compliance with County procedures and other applicable state and/or municipal regulations. The Senior Planner will also assist in the preparation and coordination of various planning projects related to watershed management and water quality protection planning. Additionally, the Senior Planner will support the development of other planning initiatives relative to advancing the County’s sustainability and resiliency efforts. The Senior Planner will give attention to furthering initiatives that assist in adapting to and responding to changing climate conditions.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Assists in County Water Quality Management Plan activities, Wastewater Management Planning activities and related sewer service area amendment applications.
- Conducts reviews and oversees lifecycle of amendment/revision applications to the County Water Quality Management Plan and Future Sewer Service Area, including coordination between various agencies and stakeholders.
- Prepares reports for and presents findings at Lower Raritan-Middlesex County Water Resources Association meetings, County Planning Board meetings and Board of County Commissioner Public Hearings as assigned.
Provides support to various watershed management and water quality protection planning initiatives and projects.
- Analyzes flood mapping, modeling and data for incorporation into projects.
- Assists in the development of flood risk and resilience solutions.
- Conducts work related to local and regional stormwater management.
- Assists in planning initiatives and projects related to the County’s Community Rating System/Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (CRS/MS4) Assist User Group and related activities.
- Provides technical support to the analysis and development of various environmental, resiliency and sustainability-based planning projects and coordinates with various County plans, programs and appropriate partner agencies to advance the County’s sustainability and resiliency initiatives.
- May assist in farmland preservation and open space planning initiatives and related projects as assigned.
- Organizes and conducts public meetings and community outreach activities and events as assigned.
- Coordinates necessary Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and data needs with Data and Spatial Services planning group.
- Maintains records, files, maps, plans, and charts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of environmental, sustainability and resiliency planning best practices.
- Knowledge of planning practices for adapting to and responding to changing climate conditions.
- Knowledge of flood hazards, flood mapping and modeling.
- Knowledge of planning processes and comprehensive land use planning statutes.
- Knowledge of best practices to improve the reliability and efficiency of existing water and sewer infrastructure and septic system management.
- Knowledge of the planning principles and methods used to collect and analyze data and to conduct studies.
- Knowledge of the methods used to prepare maps, charts and other graphic presentations, specifically Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to project manage and coordinate efforts among various partners.
- Ability to work on many projects at one time and to self-manage.
- Ability to maintain records and files.
- Ability to conduct studies and prepare reports.
- Ability to assess the environmental impact of planning projects and initiatives.
- Ability to coordinate and conduct public and stakeholder meetings and presentations.
- Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. American Sign Language or Braille may also be considered as acceptable forms of communication.
- Persons with mental or physical disabilities are eligible as long as they can perform the essential functions of the job after reasonable accommodation is made to their known limitations. If the accommodation cannot be made because it would cause the employer undue hardship, such persons may not be eligible.
For more information and to apply, please visit: https://careers-middlesexcountynj.icims.com/jobs/1330/senior-planner—environmental/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=784&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com