Monarch Housing Associates, a state wide non-profit consulting firm dedicated to developing permanent supportive housing for special needs populations and ending homelessness in New Jersey, is seeking a full time Homeless Planning Consultant to work with the Homeless Planning Team (HPT).
Monarch Housing Associates works to end homelessness in New Jersey through sound planning and the creation of housing opportunities for all. To this end, HPT works with eighteen (18) of the twenty-one (21) counties throughout the state of New Jersey in their homeless planning efforts as they work to end homelessness in their communities. The Homeless Planning Team works on all aspects of homeless planning to ensure not only adequate funding for programs, but also the development of sound plans and assistance with innovative projects to end homelessness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Attend community meetings to facilitate the planning process and provide technical assistance services
· Prepare meeting materials to facilitate conversation on local needs and strategies to improve the service system
· Facilitate the development and implementation of local plans to end homelessness
· Evaluate local homeless systems and provide recommendations for improvements
· Research best practices in the homeless housing & service arena and assist in the development of model programs in local communities
· Prepare annual Continuum of Care grant application
· Provide support and technical assistance in understanding CoC HUD regulations
· Assist in preparation, implementation and analysis of annual Point in Time Count activities
· Develop, write and/or contribute to reports, posts, testimony and other documents addressing issues of homelessness
· Facilitate meetings of local advisory boards that provide persons with lived experience the opportunity to lead planning conversations
· Consult on the allocation strategies for funding sources contributing to the homeless service system
· Assist in any other activities that will foster the goals and objectives of Monarch Housing Associates.
· Excellent writing and research skills
High degree of organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities
· Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
· Excellent track record in demonstrating successful independent judgement
· Experience working with HUD programs or other federal or state programs
· Outstanding interpersonal skills
· Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders
· Ability to follow clear directions and work under tight deadlines
· Have an interest in homelessness and community planning issues
· Comfortable with public speaking in small and large groups
· Proficiency in Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint
· Possess a reliable car and valid driver’s license
· Willingness to travel within New Jersey
· Ability to work some off peak hours and/or flex hours when necessary
Attention to Detail
Commitment to Ending Homelessness
Ability to meet communities where they are
Strong Work Ethic
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Send cover letter, resume to:
Taiisa Kelly, Monarch Housing Associates
Fax: (908) 628-1055
Mail: 226 North Avenue West, Cranford, NJ 07016
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Monarch Housing Associates
Monarch Housing Associates is a mission driven, results oriented non-profit.
Our Vision: Every person will have quality affordable, permanent housing that fosters freedom, independence and community integration.
Our mission: To expand the supply, accessibility and variety of affordable, permanent supportive housing through development, planning, advocacy and partnerships.