NOTE: Chelsea Economic Development Corporation is closely associated with Atlantic City Development Corporation, which is currently managed in partnership with New Brunswick Development Corporation.
Role and Responsibilities
Lead the Beautify Chelsea Initiative and other projects related to health and wellness; including but not limited to community gardens, farmer’s market, healthy eating, pedestrian and bike infrastructure, park and recreational design and improvements, streetscape design, and code and housing issues, as outlined in the Chelsea Neighborhood Plan Strategies (HERE)
· Lead street clean ups and street captains
· Lead community efforts to improve and design public spaces
· Organize and hold community meetings
· Coordinate and communicate with public agencies, in particular City department of Planning, Public Works, Engineering
· Identify and apply for grant funds
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field. Master’s Degree in Urban Planning preferred. Ability to use GIS mapping and design software. Professional Planner’s license and AICP certification preferred or in progress. Experience designing and executing community projects.
Public outreach and communication skills. Ability to execute/implement projects.
Must be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org