The Resource Development Fellow will establish a targeted funders-seeking strategy with a particular focus on the primary grantors and impact investors in our market.
• Assist in improving in-house administrative and management systems and processes associated with resource development and SSIA functions.
• Support SSIA functions in researching, synthesizing, and presenting relevant demographic, socioeconomic, policy, and community development data, trends, and issues.
• Conduct extensive research to impact investing, socially-responsible investment (SRI), and other associated resource development methods inherent to the CDFI industry.
• Coordinate major initiatives/proposals, including various grant and investment proposals, program applications, organizational certifications and ratings processes, and additional funder requests.
• Establish and implement effective methods for raising capital from alternative sources.
• Improve connection and flow of state- and federal-level legislative and policy research and analysis into internal decision-making processes and within NJCC’s strategic objectives.
• Pursuing a graduate degree in Community Development, Urban Planning, Finance, Economics, Public Administration, Political Science, Social Work, Communications or related fields.
• Experience or education in Community Development, Finance, and/or Nonprofit Management.
• Experience in nonprofit fundraising operations, grant and donor management, impact assessment, project coordination or any equivalent combination of education and training.
• Ability to write clear, well-structured, and persuasive proposals, correspondence, and reports.
• Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, and any fundraising software.
• Effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and duties with high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About New Jersey Community Capital
New Jersey Community Capital (NJCC) is a community development financial institution with a mission to create thriving communities through strategic investments and knowledge. Fulfilling the needs and improving the quality of life of thousands of individuals and families would not be possible without our talented staff and motivating environment. NJCC embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.