This position will work closely with the Senior Policy Advisor, as part of the Policy team in the Career Services unit. The policy team has primary responsibility for creating materials that support clarification of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) policies and practices in the state of New Jersey.
Responsibilities of the Policy team include developing new strategies in collaboration with various NJDOL teams to strengthen understanding of and fidelity to WIOA expectations. In addition to developing strategies, this team provides ongoing support and helps to build the capacity of NJDOL teams that have primary implementation responsibilities.
WIOA supports a network of One-Stop Career Centers (American Job Centers) across the state of New Jersey. The Career Services team offers support at the state level to ensure policy alignment and high-quality practices in Career Centers across the state, including specifically activities related to the Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA) program.
In this role, the Communications and Policy Associate will work across WIOA teams and specifically with individuals responsible for implementing the RESEA program. The Communications and Policy Associate will help to operationalize identified strategies through training, tool development, and the creation of other resources. This role will focus specifically on supporting communications activities including the development of content and materials that support dissemination of policy and the continuous improvement of RESEA and broader WIOA programs.
· Draft materials to disseminate information to local areas, such as email blasts, infographics, fact sheets, policy briefs, and training presentations
· Provide background research in the development of materials
· Assist with training events and meetings; including technology and content creation
· Identify opportunities to develop trainings based on new guidance and policy
· Update and refine the website with fresh content or design
· Develop and manage detailed communications project schedules and work plans in collaboration with various programs team
· Develop additional technical assistance resources, as needed
Required Skills & Abilities:
· Experience with data analysis and data presentation a plus
· Strong project management, analytical, problem solving, strategic, and organizational skills
· Experience with policy writing and drafting
· Proficiency in reading and distilling federal and state-level legislative policy for public audiences
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially on virtual interfaces
· Ability to coordinate and be accountable for multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
· Ability to work in fast-paced environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Maturity, professionalism and poise
· Open to feedback and professional development
· Capable of “managing up” to ensure deadlines are met
· Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Additional education and/or work experience in the areas of Public Policy, Education, Workforce Development, and/or Other Related Fields
Please contact Sarah Singer Quast at Sarah.SingerQuast@dol.nj.gov to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.SingerQuast@dol.nj.gov