JERSEY WATER WORKS (JWW)
Jersey Water Works is a collaborative effort of many diverse organizations and individuals who embrace
the common purpose of transforming New Jersey’s inadequate water infrastructure by investing in
sustainable, cost-effective solutions that provide communities with clean water and waterways;
healthier, safer neighborhoods; local jobs; flood and climate resilience; and economic growth. Through
a collaborative approach, Jersey Water Works engages the unique perspective and expertise of its
member organizations to solve complex problems. New Jersey Future facilitates and supports Jersey
Water Works. For more information, visit www.jerseywaterworks.org. Jersey Water Works seeks
equitable, just outcomes as it works collectively to transform water systems for everyone.
INTERNSHIP SUMMARY: The JWW collaborative seeks a current college student/recent graduate
or high school graduate with 2+ years of experience to support day-to-day communications and
the JWW team with planning and executing the annual membership meeting in July 2024. Their
responsibilities will include creating customized resources and communication tools, assisting
with the team’s day-to-day activities, and helping with the execution of large events. This intern
will report to the JWW Director, Paula Figueroa-Vega.
The JWW Communications and Events Intern’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
● Create written content, including opportunities to write blogs, case studies, reports, promotional outreach, event-related materials, etc. (depending on experience and interest)
● Produce content for JWW social media and its projects, ranging from original graphic design to short videos.
● Support the planning, marketing, and implementation of the July membership meeting and other events/projects as assigned.
● Help with post-event tasks such as follow-up surveys, attendee documentation, and improvement suggestions.
● Assist with activities that foster engagement (maintain the member database and provide support at committee meetings with external partners).
● Complete other tasks to support the program as needed, including note-taking at meetings.
●Motivated by the organization’s mission and dedicated to creating equitable and sustainable communities.
● Strong writing, citation, and communication skills.
● Attention to detail in producing accurate and meaningful results and products.
● Current college student or recent college graduate, preferred; high school diploma plus 2 years of experience.
● Experience gathering information through online research and stakeholder outreach.
● Demonstrated initiative and adaptability.
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
● Flexible, resourceful, and able to take the initiative on tasks.
● The position is hybrid with some on-site time opportunities (e.g., for filming, photography, events, etc.).
COMPENSATION: This is a part-time job (averaging approximately 8 to 10 hours a week for 10
weeks) at the hourly rate of $18 per hour. As a part-time employee, you are not eligible for
benefits such as disability, health, dental, vision, or life insurance. No paid time off will be
accrued, but you will earn one hour of sick time for every 30 hours worked. The Jersey Water
Works team will work with the successful candidates to determine the specific internship start
date in May 2024 and ending date.
New Jersey Future employees are working on a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule.
The Jersey Water Works team will work with the intern to determine whether their schedule will
be hybrid or remote.
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, a resume, and a
brief writing sample (that is original content and not edited or contributed to by someone other
than the applicant) to HR@njfuture.org by March 15, 2024. Please write “JWW Communications
and Events Intern Application” in the subject line. If selected to advance, relevant references may
be required. NJF is currently unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa at
this time. If hired, employment eligibility verification will be carried out upon selection.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About New Jersey Future
Founded in 1987, New Jersey Future is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that promotes sensible and equitable growth, redevelopment, and infrastructure investments to foster healthy, strong, resilient communities; protect natural lands and waterways; increase transportation choices beyond cars; provide access to safe, affordable, and aging-friendly neighborhoods; and fuel a strong economy for everyone. New Jersey Future does this through original research, innovative policy development, coalition-building, advocacy, and hands-on strategic assistance. Embracing differences and advancing fairness is central to New Jersey Future’s mission and operations. New Jersey Future is firmly committed to pursuing greater justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion through its programs, internal operations, and external communications.