POSITION SUMMARY: New Jersey Future (NJF) seeks a skilled, organized, and motivated individual to
manage the day-to-day operations of NJF’s Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure (MGI) Program. This position
addresses climate change and equity through more innovative methods that manage stormwater, make our
communities greener, and emphasize the use of natural systems. The successful candidate will possess
excellent verbal and written communication skills, work independently and in a team, and take on expanding
responsibilities in a fast-paced, fun, and collegial environment while managing many priorities. The
coordinator will help shape and articulate policy positions, build consensus with stakeholders, advocate for
change, and coordinate the logistics of program activities. This position will report to the Policy Director. The
coordinator will collaborate with colleagues working on related projects.
● Manage day-to-day operations of the Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure program and ensure
timely and efficient progress toward milestones.
● Assist in shaping state policy through research on best practices, convening stakeholders to build
consensus, drafting recommendations, and advocating with state agencies.
● Evaluate regulations, permits, and ordinances in order to recommend improvements.
● Write and oversee the preparation of outward-facing communications, including blog posts and
presentations, in coordination with NJF’s communications team.
● Play a lead role in drafting funding proposals and grant reports.
● Manage the work of several groups, such as the Jersey Water Works Green Infrastructure
Committee, through agenda setting and meeting facilitation.
● Help develop annual work plans and execute programmatic goals.
● Plan and execute workshops, panel sessions, and exhibitor presence at events.
● Draft contracts and scopes of work to hire consultants.
● Manage internal budgets in coordination with the Office Administrator.
● Recruit, hire, and supervise an intern as needed.
● College degree and at least two years of experience in project management, policy advocacy, or a
● Demonstrated ability to take on ownership of work with a track record of responsible judgment and
decision-making to deliver results.
● Excellent writing skills. Strong verbal communication skills.
● Ability to adjust to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple
projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
● Poise in interacting and coordinating with groups of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
● Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to organize meetings and work independently.
● Willingness and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
● Experience or interest in one or more of NJF’s key policy areas—water infrastructure, planning and
redevelopment, stormwater management, state-level policymaking, and climate change.
● Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
● A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About New Jersey Future
: At New Jersey Future, we believe that great places help build great lives. To help create and
preserve our great places, we promote sensible and equitable planning, redevelopment, and infrastructure
investments that foster vibrant cities and towns; protect natural lands and waterways; enhance
transportation choices; support a strong economy; and provide access to safe, affordable, and aging-friendly
neighborhoods for everyone. We do this through original research, innovative policy development,
coalition-building, advocacy, and hands-on strategic assistance. Embracing differences and advancing fairness
is central to our mission and operations, and we are firmly committed to pursuing greater justice, equity,
diversity, and inclusion in our work and culture. New Jersey Future is located in downtown Trenton, NJ. For
more information, visit www.njfuture.org.