New Jersey Future seeks a skilled, organized, and motivated individual to grow and manage policy-oriented programs with a primary focus on NJF’s Mainstreaming Green Infrastructure (MGI) program. MGI addresses climate change and equity through more innovative stormwater management approaches that make communities greener and emphasize the use of natural systems. This position involves developing and articulating policies, advancing them strategically, providing technical assistance, and collaborating and communicating with colleagues, partners, government officials, and the
media. The Program Manager will lead a talented team and report to the Policy Director while advancing the organization’s broader mission. NJF offers a fun, fast-paced, and supportive work environment and the opportunity to make a difference.
● Manage the MGI program, engaging with state agencies, developers, municipalities, and nonprofit partners on green stormwater infrastructure practices and effecting change through state policy, education, and technical assistance.
● Shape state policy on stormwater and green infrastrastructure through convening stakeholders to build consensus, developing recommendations, and advocating with state agencies.
● Evaluate regulations, permits, and ordinances in order to recommend improvements.
● Advance program goals through project management, staff supervision, internal collaboration, and selective implementation.
● Identify and pursue additional strategic programmatic and grant opportunities.
● Write and oversee the preparation of outward-facing communications, including blog posts and presentations, in coordination with NJF’s communications team.
● Support broader organizational efforts by assisting with organizational events, special projects, strategy conversations, and committees and building NJF’s networks and relationships.
● College degree and at least five to eight years experience in project management, policy advocacy, or a similar role.
● Experience in one or more of the following areas: water infrastructure, green stormwater infrastructure, state policy, planning and redevelopment, the environment, sustainability, or strong communities.
● A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
● Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility, make sound decisions, and interact with a diverse group of individuals and sectors.
● Poise in interacting and coordinating with groups of individuals with diverse backgrounds.
● Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to adjust to changing priorities, work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects with competing priorities and deadlines.
● Willingness and ability to learn new concepts quickly.
● Motivated by the organization’s issues and a strong mission-driven work ethic.
COMPENSATION: The full-time salary for this position is in the range of $60,000 and $72,000 and depends on the candidate’s experience and skills. Salary is negotiable. The full-time position comes with benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short and long term disability.
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to HR@njfuture.org. If selected to advance, relevant references and work samples will be required.
New Jersey Future employees are working on a hybrid work-from-home and in-office schedule.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About New Jersey Future
Founded in 1987, New Jersey Future is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that promotes sensible and equitable growth, redevelopment, and infrastructure investments to foster healthy, strong, resilient communities; protect natural lands and waterways; increase transportation choices beyond cars; provide access to safe, affordable, and aging-friendly neighborhoods; and fuel a strong economy for everyone. New Jersey Future does this through original research, innovative policy development, coalition-building, advocacy, and hands-on strategic assistance. Embracing differences and advancing fairness is central to New Jersey Future’s mission and operations. New Jersey Future is firmly committed to pursuing greater justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion through its programs, internal operations, and external communications.