NJ TRANSIT Seeking
Intern – Real Estate and Transit Oriented Development (Summer 2024)
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others.
Objective of this role:
The Real Estate and Transit Oriented Development (TOD) Intern will assist all four units of the Real Estate, Economic Development, and TOD department with the negotiation of real property transactions (leases, licenses, permits, and parking management) and implementation of economic development projects and transit-oriented development projects.
– Assists with negotiating and drafting leases, property conveyance documents, easements, developer agreements, access permits, and deeds.
– Attends internal and external meetings representing the Real Estate, Economic Development, and TOD department.
– Performs site visits as needed.
– Assist with implementing NJ TRANSIT’s TOD initiatives, including adaptive reuse, joint development, public-private partnerships, or sale of NJ TRANSIT properties.
– Assists with the organization and maintenance of records for active and prospective TOD Projects.
Property Management / Valuation:
– Assists with leasing Request for Proposal (RFP) process for vacant spaces in NJ TRANSIT’s Stations and other assets.
– Assists with verifying NJ TRANSIT’s property ownership, including researching and reviewing maps and legal documents such as deeds and easements.
– Assists with the Real Estate, Economic Development, and TOD property excessing process, including preparing internal memos and exhibits.
– Assists with the management of NJ TRANSIT’s real estate lease consultant and parking management consultants, respectively, in monitoring all lease compliance aspects, including review and research of rent, percentage rent, gross revenue statements, and certificates of insurance.
– Assist in coordinating and negotiating commercial access permits, including permits for filming, photography, or other revenue-generating events on NJ TRANSIT property.
– Assist with the management of NJ TRANSIT’s billboard advertising contractor.
– Assist with negotiating and organizing agreements related to installing wireless telecommunications sites on NJ TRANSIT property.
Skills and Qualifications:
Student must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program pursuing:
· Real Estate
· Urban Planning
· PC skills particularly in Microsoft Office
· Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills
· Previous real estate, financial analysis, project management or urban planning experience preferred, but not required
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher and have completed one year of undergraduate studies
Hybrid – Office/Remote/Field Combination
Approximate Hours Per Week: Students can work up to 40 hours per week through the 10-week summer internship
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete
applications will not be considered.
Also, please upload your resume to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $18-$28
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021, 2022 & 2023
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer