The Critical Infrastructure (CI) Unit provides subject matter expertise on the New York City region’s transportation, infrastructure, and utility systems. Through the development of planning guidance and delivery of operations policy support, the unit coordinates citywide support for transportation network contingencies, utility disruptions, and infrastructure emergencies.
Reporting directly to the Director of Critical Infrastructure, the CI Program Manager will support the Unit’s efforts in all aspects of planning, and operational coordination related to emergency transportation contingencies, utility disruptions, and hazards impacting public infrastructure in New York City.
This position will have broad responsibility to coordinate with, and provide technical assistance to internal and external partners, regarding planning efforts for hazards that may impact the movement of people and goods throughout the New York City region. This includes:
▪ Managing the development of plans for coordinating a citywide response to public hazards
▪ Working with a lens toward mitigation and recovery in the coordination of pre storm activities such as flood mitigation measures and post storm activities such as damage assessment and data collection and sharing
▪ Working with City agencies to identify roles and responsibilities within operational planning and response and resolve gaps and overlaps
▪ Identifying innovative methods including new technologies or partnerships to advance the City’s emergency planning and increase responsiveness to the needs of local communities including people with disabilities, access and/or functional needs
▪ Developing and implementing short- and long-term goals and objectives for the successful execution of planning and response procedures during emergency events
▪ Maintaining critical working relationships with public and private sector partners, including DSNY, DEP, DOB, 311 and many others
▪ Other projects and tasks as assigned based on emergency or leadership priorities