NJ TRANSIT 2023 Summer Internship
Capital Planning Intern — Zero Emissions Bus (ZEB) Planning
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
The Annual NJ TRANSIT Summer Internship Program is a 10-Week paid program geared towards college students enroll in an accredited degree program.
Objective of this role:
• The ZEB Planning intern will be responsible for supporting the agency’s development of institutional knowledge on ZEBs. For example, interns with an engineering background may be asked to validate energy modeling data;
• Identify infrastructure and technology solutions to improve our ability to transition to ZEBs; and
• Assess garage conceptual designs and layouts. Interns with a background in urban planning may be asked to conduct bus route analysis, conduct studies and investigations related to zero emissions bus facility planning and design, energy modeling, and industry best practices, and develop deployment plans for ZEBs.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Senior Undergraduate Student, Masters Student (in year 1 or 2), PHD Student (in any year)
• Majoring in Bus Network Planning, Transportation Planning, Engineering Urban Design, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Public Policy, Energy
• Bus Systems/Network Planning, Engineering, Energy/Power Planning/Engineering/Policy and/or any discipline related to Zero Emissions technologies.
• Specific career/academic interest in: Zero Emissions technologies, Bus Planning, Transportation Planning and Engineering, Urban Planning, Energy Planning and Policy, Energy/Power Systems, Sustainable Design, and/or Resiliency is desired
• Intermediate Excel skills (required)
• CAD drafting
• GIS capabilities using ARCGIS or QGIS is required
• Experience in commercial or industrial facility design
• STATA or another related statistics analytics platform is preferred
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered.
Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $16-$26
To apply, please click on link below:
Move forward with us at NJ TRANSIT!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2022
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer