Performs planning, data collection and other technical work supporting the development of planning concepts and projects, and other initiatives. Supports departmental project budgeting, accounting and reporting.
1. Supports planning and conceptual design for transit facilities and corridors, transit access improvements including parking, bicycle and pedestrian access, transit-friendly development and other initiatives.
2. Works independently or in coordination with other staff as required to advance transportation planning and project development studies.
3. Performs analytical and technical work, data collection, review, and documentation, including project environmental documentation development.
4. Supports the development of well-conceived project alternatives; researches and evaluates information; and prepares cost benefit analyses.
5. Assists in the preparation of scopes of work, cost estimates and schedules, and requisitions, as well as project budgeting, accounting and reporting.
6. Monitors facility inventories, maintains departmental data bases, collects and prepares data and support documentation relating to facilities and other characteristics of the transit system and communities served
7. Reviews NJ TRANSIT needs regarding the sale/lease of NJ TRANSIT and other public or railroad properties.
8. Prepares presentation materials, graphics and other materials suitable for presentation to management and external parties.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban or Transportation Planning, Engineering, Landscape Architecture or related field, and two (2) years of applied experience in transportation planning required.
- Master’s degree in aforementioned fields of study is preferred, and a master’s degree may be substituted for two years of applied experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual graphic communications skills are essential.
At NJ Transit you will enjoy a competitive salary and excellent benefit package:
- Comprehensive Family Health Insurance – Prescription, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Paid Leave
- 401(a), 401(k) Retirement Plans – up to 9% employer contribution
- Tuition Assistance
- Qualified Transportation Expense Plan (QTE)
At NJ TRANSIT we support and depend upon the diversity of our staff. NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About NJ Transit
Move forward with us! At NJ TRANSIT, you ll join us in transforming the third-largest transportation agency in North America. We are committed to delivering safe, reliable service that gets customers to their destinations on time--and we re looking to hire talented folks with a love of learning to make it all possible.