NJ TRANSIT 2023 Summer Internship Seeking
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every
The Annual NJ TRANSIT Summer Internship Program is a 10-Week
paid program geared towards college students enrolled in an accredited degree
Objective of this role:
Potential Projects include:
· Assist with the creation of an ArcGIS Enterprise application to provide the NJT Parking Lot Database with a searchable geographic interface for internal use at NJT.
· Research and curate the GIS unit’s “points of interest” dataset- a geospatial layer used to locate landmarks and potential customer destinations for use in a variety map products and applications
· Assist with the maintenance and update of the GIS unit’s Bus Stops location database, utilizing the Bus Stop Inventory database and desktop GIS software to ensure new and relocated stops are correctly sited in our geospatial database.
· Research and digitize private bus carrier route information, updating the dataset used to display private carriers’ service within the NJT service area for a variety of mapping efforts.
· Design or assist with the creation of static cartographic products to respond to requests throughout the agency.
· Work with ArcGIS FieldMaps and GPS units to create a ground-truthing application used to verify the layout of assets and surroundings at rail stations being mapped.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Undergraduate or Graduate students with education in GIS, Geography, Urban/Transportation Planning, Computer Science, or Graphic Design
· Knowledge of ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro, ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise products, or other geospatial web-mapping tools.
· Adobe Illustrator for cartographic products or illustrations
· Oracle Database SQL scripting or SQL Developer, particularly Oracle Spatial, experience a plus
· Python experience a plus
· GIS Certificate a plus
· Primarily office environment with possible field work to NJT bus stops or rail stations. Hybrid remote/in-person possible
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete
applications will not be considered.
Also, please upload your resume to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $16-$26
Move forward with us at NJ Transit!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2022
To apply click here:
New Jersey Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org