NJ TRANSIT 2023 Summer Internship
Capital Programs/Construction Management Intern
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
The Annual NJ TRANSIT Summer Internship Program is a 10-Week paid program geared towards college students enroll in an accredited degree program.
Objective of this role:
Construction Management (CM) is seeking interns for Summer 2023 to work on various construction projects. Opportunities exist State-wide. Ongoing projects include railroad bridges, bus garage modifications and repairs, electrical distribution system upgrades, new and renovated railroad stations, vertical transportation (escalators and elevators), and more. Strong candidates are encouraged to apply to work on these infrastructure projects. Interns are expected to get a good balance of and exposure to field and office work in construction management.
All CM Interns will work in field locations throughout our network of projects and assist with all aspects of construction management, including:
• Performing site / work inspection.
• Providing assistance in cataloging and processing contractor submittals (RFIs, shop drawings, etc.).
• Reviewing submittals, work reports, certified payrolls, extra work documentation, etc.
• Assisting in the preparation of technical responses, change orders, cost estimates, etc.
• Coordinating with other construction field personnel.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Junior or Senior
• Majoring in Construction Management or Civil Engineer or Architectural or Mechanical Engineering
• No work experience necessary
• Ability to read and comprehend construction plans and supplemental documentation
• Review and confirm quantities for Payment Applications
• Verbal and written communication experience with field and office personnel
• Mostly working outside, but depending on project/location, will have access to an office or trailer
• Applicant must be able to work in inclement weather and travel to various project jobsites throughout the state. May require standing for long periods of time
• May be asked to work overtime or on weekends
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered. Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $16-$26
To apply, please click on link below:
Move forward with us at NJ TRANSIT!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021 & 2022