NJ TRANSIT 2023 Summer Internship
Capital Programs Project Coordinator Intern – Hybrid
NJ TRANSIT is the third-largest transportation agency in North America and fully committed to delivering safe and reliable services. This tactic has driven our success in developing real-world solutions that affect many individuals lives every day. We are looking for talented students to hire for our Summer Internship Program who can help initiate our solution-based business model to the next level. As an intern at NJ TRANSIT, you will oversee projects from concepts to completion. Our interns step away from the regular sitting at the desk to having the opportunity at hands-on experience with several business units within NJ TRANSIT. Our ideal candidate is passionate about learning and using creative solutions to make an impact on the lives of others every day.
The Annual NJ TRANSIT Summer Internship Program is a 10-Week paid program geared towards college students enroll in an accredited degree program.
Objective of this role:
• Provide administrative support for various projects in the Capital Programs Department
• With oversight of a more senior staffer, they will review/process payment applications, observe/attend and design/construction field/progress meetings, archive project documents, assist/ prepare various project reports, assist in monitoring/ maintaining project budgets and schedules
• The position will essentially mirror the Position Description of a Project Coordinator, with additional oversight by more senior staff
Other job responsibilities: Other duties related to the Project Management of Capital Projects with supervision as appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Sophomore or Junior Undergraduate Student
• Majoring in Engineering (any discipline), Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent STEM program
• Enrolled in an ABET accredited Engineering curriculum, Architectural curriculum, or related accredited STEM curriculum
• Competence in Microsoft Office applications and basic skills in use of automated management tools (or ability to learn), such as Primavera, MS Project, etc.
• No extraordinary physical demands. Job may involve walking in and around various project/ construction locations
• May be a combination of various environments (in-office, working outside, in trailer, remote from home)
When applying please complete the entire application; any incomplete applications will not be considered.
Also, please upload your resume and cover letter to be considered when applying.
Hourly Rate: $16-$26
To apply, please click on link below:
Move forward with us at NJ TRANSIT!
FORBES LIST OF AMERICA’S BEST EMPLOYERS 2021 & 2022
NJ TRANSIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer