$44,317 – $53,169 Starting salary range, dependent on qualifications.
North Richland Hills is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity at all levels within the organization.
NATURE OF WORK The Planning & Inspections Department is seeking candidates for Planning Technician. The Planning Technician offers administrative, clerical, and technical support to the department by:
- processing development applications and public hearing notifications;
- preparing for and attending public meetings;
- acting as Recording Secretary for the Planning & Zoning Commission;
- being the entry point of contact for planning-related inquiries from developers and the general public; and
- providing critical support for special research projects.
QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in urban planning, public administration, business administration, or related field. One to two years of professional office experience or any level of municipal planning experience.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Texas Municipal Retirement System
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Ten paid holidays
- Retiree health plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
To learn more about this opportunity and apply online, visit www.nrhtx.com, or contact Human Resources at (817) 427-6100
Join our dynamic, innovative, and collaborative planning team. North Richland Hills offers an exceptional environment for planning in both urban and suburban settings. NRH is home to two TEXRail regional commuter rail stations, two growing transit-oriented development districts, and HomeTown, a New Urbanist traditional neighborhood development that is designated as a “Great Place in Texas.” Prime opportunities exist for infill development, redevelopment, and revitalization throughout the community. We have a challenging and rewarding workplace and value exceptional customer service by living the R-SPIRIT values of the City of North Richland Hills.