The Center for Economic Development at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee seeks applications for the position of Policy Analyst. UW-Milwaukee is an R1 research university with a student body of 24,000 located several blocks from Lake Michigan in Milwaukee’s East Side neighborhood. It is Wisconsin’s only public urban research university. The Center for Economic Development is a research and policy unit that works with community partners on economic development issues, focusing primarily on the Milwaukee metro area. Special areas of interest to the Center include racial equity, environmental justice, neighborhood economic development, housing policy, urban redevelopment policies, and jobs-transportation linkages. The Policy Analyst will author reports and publications, serve as PI or co-PI on Center technical assistance projects, identify and pursue sources of extramural support for Center research, and provide research assistance to Center faculty.
• M.S. in geography, urban studies, urban planning, political science, economics, sociology, public administration or related field;
• At least 1 year experience with data analysis and data management;
• Working knowledge of GIS software;
• Ability to work and solve problems independently;
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, as demonstrated by the applicant’s writing sample.
• Ph.D. in geography, urban studies, urban planning, political science, economics, sociology, public administration or related field;
• At least 2-3 years experience with data analysis and data management;
• Strong GIS skills;
• Demonstrated success in securing extramural funding;
• Experience conducting applied research.
Start date: January 2023 or earlier depending on applicant’s availability.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV or resume, contact information for two references, and a solo-authored writing sample (publications, academic papers, or applied policy studies are preferred). Co-authored writing samples are not acceptable.
To apply: https://jobs.uwm.edu/postings/35168
For questions or inquiries contact Professor Joel Rast at email@example.com. For more information about the Center for Economic Development please visit our website at https://uwm.edu/ced/.