Citymeals on Wheels is currently seeking a Policy Analyst. The Policy Analyst will contribute to the development and implementation of a policy and advocacy agenda at the city, state, and federal levels to advance food security for homebound older adults. This position will be primarily responsible for conducting policy research and analysis; monitoring budget and legislative developments related to aging, food insecurity, and hunger; creating policy and advocacy documents and materials; and, coordinating advocacy events and meetings.
The ideal candidate will have a high degree of commitment to the work, sound judgement, and a collaborative spirit. They are adaptive, creative, hard-working, and unafraid of challenges.
This position reports directly to the Director, Policy and Advocacy.
Citymeals is working on a hybrid schedule, located in Midtown Manhattan. Days may vary due to business needs.
· Conduct research and analyze data related to key issues and campaigns in aging and hunger.
· Monitor and conduct timely analysis of relevant city, state, and federal policy and budget initiatives.
· Assist with planning and implementing advocacy events including scheduling and preparing for legislative meetings, maintaining targets database, coordinating advocacy activities, etc.
· Develop and implement advocacy actions and events, communications materials (including social media), and outreach plans to engage audiences.
· Produce high-quality written work to promote Citymeals’ policy positions and priorities to various audiences (e.g., research briefs, testimony, memos of support or opposition, etc.).
· Develop and maximize strong and effective organizational relationships with key legislators, agency officials, and their staff.
· Represent Citymeals at advocacy and coalition events, including legislative meetings, advocacy days, rallies, press events, public hearings, etc.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, such as: public policy, social work, public administration, urban planning, law, nonprofit management; or equivalent work experience.
· A Graduate degree is preferred; however, relevant work experience may stand in lieu of an advanced degree.
· At least three years of professional policy research and analysis experience required; a background in aging or anti-hunger policy and advocacy is a plus.
· Strong writing skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues to a general audience.
· Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including the use of public survey data such as the American Community Survey and Current Population Survey.
· Experience with original survey design and data collection, cleaning, and analysis.
· Demonstrated skills in project management, with the ability to manage and track multiple priorities, issues areas, targets, and actions.
· Strong ability to develop and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders; and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team.
· Firm understanding of city, state, and federal budget and legislative processes preferred.
· Social media and communications skills preferred.
· Knowledge of GIS is a plus.
There are many excellent benefits to a career at Citymeals. In addition to having a positive impact on the lives of older New Yorkers, Citymeals offers:
· A collaborative and inclusive work environment where the experiences, talents and ideas of diverse staff are valued.
· Opportunities for personal and professional development.
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; flexible spending accounts; 403(b) with employer match; as well as generous paid time off.
· Salary range for this position is $60,000 – $65,000, plus an annual discretionary bonus based on organizational and individual success.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Policy Analyst in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Citymeals conducts reference and background checks for finalists.
Citymeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Citymeals on Wheels provides a continuous lifeline of nourishing meals and vital companionship for nearly 22,000 homebound elderly New Yorkers, helping them live with dignity in their own homes and communities. Since 1981, Citymeals has delivered nearly 70 million meals to our older neighbors in need.