Reporting to the Deputy Director, Tolling Operations, Customer Service and Planning in the Tunnels Bridges and Terminals Department (TB&T) of The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, the General Manager, Transportation Planning & Analysis, Non-Toll Revenue will:
- Lead transportation programs to advance operational and physical improvement concepts to enhance facility access, traffic flow, safety, and customer service;
- Oversee revenue programs to: forecast revenue from TB&T business activity; assess impacts of regional changes on traffic and toll revenue at the interstate vehicular crossings, establish pricing policies, oversee bus carrier agreements and relations, oversee real estate programs and land-use;
- Guide TB&T’s strategic and business planning efforts, along with its performance management and reporting functions;
- Lead legislative policy analysis and needs identification for the department;
- Guide departmental grant solicitation efforts and facilitate proposal development;
- Oversee ongoing innovation and continuous improvement project development and lead projects as needed;
- Manage a staff six professionals and manage and array of project teams that cut across the department and agency; and
- Manage a variety of contractors that provide professional, technical and advisory services, as well as an ongoing data collection program.
- Provide leadership and support on a variety of ad hoc and special projects including projects supporting research and development, sustainability, etc.
Candidates must present the following qualifications to be considered eligible for this position:
- 5-7 years experience in managing multi-disciplined transportation projects and/or operations, with at least 3 years experience in contract management and staff supervision.
- A BS or BA Degree in Transportation, Planning, Business / Public Administration, Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics or related fields.
- A Master’s Degree is desirable.
Ideal candidates will present the following profile:
- In-depth knowledge of transportation policy, economics, and analysis.
- Excellent command of project management principles and techniques.
- Ability to plan, direct and implement a wide variety of projects and activities across many disciplines.
- Specialized knowledge of traffic modeling and forecasting techniques, including traffic simulation modeling and regional transportation demand modeling.
- Knowledge of traffic management technology, such as electronic toll collection and intelligent transportation systems (ITS).
- A faculty with the principles of financial analysis, accounting, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated effectiveness to estimate the costs (i.e., time, staff, money) of implementing projects and programs.
- Ability to negotiate, schedule and scope proposals on diverse issues with a variety of individuals and groups, both inside and outside the department.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent issues, to delegate, and to follow through.
- Ability to direct, motivate and develop staff comprised of different levels, backgrounds and disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and develop innovative solutions that conform with organizational policies.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under pressure of time and respond flexibly to rapidly changing demands.
- Proven judgment and ability to evaluate options systematically in terms of consequences.
- Ability to advocate and support proposals for new approaches, projects, systems, and/or concepts that may be untested or unfamiliar to the organization, but hold promise for successful results.
- Working knowledge of TB&T facilities, operations, practices, programs and activities.
Compensation & Benefits
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey offers a competitive salary, an outstanding benefits package and a professional environment that supports development and recognizes achievement.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should apply to this job by clicking on the Apply Now button on this webpage: https://www.jointheportauthority.com/jobs/10566394-general-manager-transportation-planning-and-analysis-non-toll-revenue and submit a combined cover letter and resume. The Port Authority of NY & NJ welcomes veteran and military spouse applications.
Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
World-class transportation infrastructure is essential to economic growth and vitality. At the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, we keep the region moving by air, land, rail and sea, so that the people and businesses of our region continue to thrive. With engineering in our DNA, we are shaping the future of the region with groundbreaking yet practical facilities and systems built for the 21st century.
Founded in 1921, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey builds, operates, and maintains many of the most important transportation and trade infrastructure assets in the country. The agency's network of aviation, ground, rail, and seaport facilities is among the busiest in the country, supports more than 550,000 regional jobs, and generates more than $23 billion in annual wages and $80 billion in annual economic activity. The Port Authority also owns and manages the 16-acre World Trade Center site, where the 1,776-foot-tall One World Trade Center is now the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere.