Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Supports the strategic development of projects and grant efforts of a University Research Center by designing and implementing the unit’s research and evaluation project development activities.
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards major proposal and project prospects in accordance with performance targets set in collaboration with Center leadership.
- Fosters collaborative relationships with development colleagues, University constituents, governmental entities and other potential project partners by coordinating joint solicitation efforts, developing internal processes and procedures, and aligning outreach efforts for multiple development opportunities and initiatives within the unit.
- Ensures proposal compliance with multiple funders’ regulations, University policies, and Institutional Review Board (IRB) requirements.
- Responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses for research projects using education, workforce, and human services data.
- Develops research designs, identify and calculate appropriate performance measures, identify and implement the most appropriate methods for conducting quantitative or qualitative studies, write reports, conference papers, and publications based on the data analyses conducted.
- Interacts with stakeholders in Federal, New Jersey state government, and the research community.
- Five or more years of professional experience in research and data analysis; or a PhD in economics, statistics, public policy, political science, sociology, education or related discipline, with strong academic work in data analysis.
- Knowledge of and experience with developing effective research proposals and securing major grants from corporations, foundations, state and Federal governments and private funding sources, producing written reports – especially in the scholarly and academic settings preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in analyzing employment and training, education, human services and/or higher education data preferred.
About Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
The Heldrich Center researches and develops strategies that increase workers’ skills and employability, strengthen the ability of companies to compete, create jobs where they are needed, and improve the quality of the public workforce development system.