The Assistant Project Manager will work with the President and other staff in all phases of the real estate development process including site acquisition, site feasibility, financing, predevelopment work, construction and sales/lease-up. The company is working on affordable housing projects in Camden, Bridgeton, New Brunswick, Newark, and Maplewood in different roles.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Help to find sites for development
· Help establish development potential of sites by reviewing zoning, market and developing financial plans
· Prepare budgets, cashflows, project descriptions, and schedules
· Assist with the site research, due diligence, and acquisition process from offer to closing
· Assist with identifying, applying for and closing on short term and long-term financing
· Assist with applications to government funders and financial institutions
· Assist in preparing presentations for stakeholders
· Assist with closings
· Assist with community meetings, securing zoning and permits for construction
· Assist in management of development team members including architects, engineers, attorneys, contractors, public officials, etc.
· Assist with operations issues and marketing strategies
· Assist President and other staff with projects
· Other duties as assigned by President
Requirements and Skills
· Graduate student in Urban Planning, Real Estate Development or finance
· Self-starter, confident and motivated
· Strong proficiency with MS Excel and MS products
· Strong communications, people and writing skills required.
· Must have ability to plan, multitask, and make sure others achieve milestones in a timeline fashion.
Compensation and Application Process
Flexible schedule, 15-20 hours per week at $20 per hour for 6 months. Send cover letter and resume to John@restrepoassociates.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Restrepo & Associates
After 23 years leading the nonprofit sector in affordable housing and policy development, John E. Restrepo launched Restrepo & Associates with the goal of increasing the production of affordable housing throughout the state of New Jersey by partnering with government entities, lenders, nonprofits and for-profit developers to address the supply shortage.