Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD)
MOHCD’s mission is to address social, economic, and racial inequities through the creation of affordable housing opportunities and the funding of essential services that are foundational for strong communities. We are industry leaders in the implementation of policies for the creation, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable housing. In our hiring practices, we strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of our City and the populations we serve, and we urge qualified candidates of all races, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
Under the general direction of the Director of Data, Evaluation and Compliance, the Compliance Coordinator at the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development performs a variety of activities related to ensuring the department’s compliance with federal environmental laws, and other federal, state and local laws. This position will work in a highly collaborative environment and assist with the department’s efforts to move toward better outcomes and racial equity with its programs and services and to maximize the impact of program resources.
The essential functions include being a key member of the Data Analysis, Evaluation and Compliance team that provides data analyses, facilitates program evaluation, and oversees compliance related to local, state and federally funded community-based organizations that provide a variety of social services and affordable housing to low-and-moderate income residents of San Francisco. This work aims to support San Franciscans with affordable housing opportunities and essential services to build strong communities.
- Prepare, coordinate and review environmental reviews for compliance with U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Council on Environmental Quality, and National Historic Preservation Act regulations;
- Develop and implement internal systems and procedures to comply with federal, state and local laws including federal and state labor standards, the HUD Section 3 program, the Local Business Enterprise and Small Business Enterprise programs, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Section 504 of Rehabilitation Act, Title 24 of California Code, and the local First Source Hiring Ordinance;
- Develop and implement procedures to certify non-profit agencies as Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO) for HUD’s HOME Investment Partnership program;
- Maintain and provide technical assistance on the MOHCD records retention and destruction policy;
Staff the City’s Relocation Appeals Board; and
- Perform duties as requested.
Thorough knowledge of the:
- Principles and practices of community development, housing and/or housing development and finance;
- Federal, State and local laws as they apply to such programs; and
- Principles and practices of local governmental and non-profit organizational structure.
Abilities and skills to:
- Apply principles to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Collect, synthesize, and analyze a wide variety of information;
- Manage projects effectively;
- Write clear and concise reports, recommendations and correspondence;
- Work and communicate effectively with MOHCD staff and senior management, officials, and representatives of governmental and community/neighborhood organizations, vendors, and other agencies;
- Speak effectively before individuals and groups;
- Use a personal computer and Windows-based software programs, including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database;
- Use data management systems such as Salesforce and/or other web-based grants or contract management systems; and,
- Use mapping software such as ArcGIS.
Please visit the following link to learn more about the role and to apply: City and County of San Francisco Compliance Coordinator (9774-Senior Community Development Specialist I) | SmartRecruiters
PLEASE CONSIDER APPLYING BEFORE THE DEADLINE LISTED ON THE ONLINE POSTING.