40 Hours per week; Full-Time; Exempt
This position provides direct support to the Transportation section of the County Planning Division for all transportation planning activities. The position provides project management and technical planning expertise for transportation planning projects as well as additional projects and initiatives undertaken by the Planning Division as assigned by the Director of Planning. Technical support and policy analysis is provided to other Sections of the Planning Division.
– Position performs transportation planning functions to advance the County’s transportation plans and priorities under the supervision of the Supervising Transportation Planner.
– Administers the Sub-Regional Transportation Program funded by the North Jersey Transportation Planning Authority (NJTPA). Participates in all transportation planning projects and programs.
– Provides technical support and assists the development, review and implementation of County and State Capital Programs.
– Assists in grant management activities of NJTPA Sub-regional Studies Program projects. Provides support to municipalities and planning partners on various transportation planning efforts.
– The position provides project management and technical planning expertise for transportation planning projects as well as additional projects and initiatives undertaken by the Planning Division as assigned by the Director of Planning.
– The position requires an undergraduate degree in Planning or a closely related field with a three (3) to five years (5) of work experience.
– Working knowledge of state and federal transportation planning and funding programs is essential.
– Strong communication (writing and presentation) and project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously is required.
– A Master’s Degree in Planning with specialization in transportation.
– Land use planning, data analysis, statistics, traffic modeling and state and federal transportation programs experience. (Experience working with NJDOT NJ Transit brownfields reuse, redevelopment and transit-oriented development.
– A NJ Professional Planners License and AICP (American Institute of Certified Planners).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Somerset County
Somerset County does not require their employees to live in Somerset County. We welcome all New Jerseyans to apply! No civil service test required. We have various positions available. Openings can be found in Administration, Finance, Human Services, Public Health and Safety, Department of Public Works and much more. Visit our webpage and see what exciting opportunities wait for you in Somerset County!