Reports, verifies and maintains operational results for the assigned department. Supports departmental operations and identifies opportunities to maximize efficiencies. Prioritizes and pursues the highest impact strategies. Develops solutions to requests, collects, and summarizes performance data for the assigned department. Manages data, performs analysis, generate reports and builds processes and procedures. Participates in the development and implementation of process improvements. Conducts important research and analysis on various topics. Evaluates and adjusts strategies based on data.
- Designs and conducts ad-hoc, short-term, and multi-year studies using advanced statistical methods to determine the effectiveness of CSO policies and the impact of proposed policies.
- Develops documentation for datasets and reports (e.g., technical guides for reports, business rules).
- Develops clear, simple, visual displays of data that inform high-stakes decisions such as school openings, renewals, expansions, and closures.
- Develops dashboards, automated presentations, etc. for recurring ad hoc requests.
- Assists with the resolution of complex research, data, and procedural issues.
- Supports the development of team members’ abilities to interpret data and use it to make informed decisions.
- Stays abreast of best practices in data analysis, emerging trends in quantitative methods, and research related to our work.
- Identifies opportunities to maximize efficiency.
- Assists with the implementation of CSO initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of full-time, paid, professional experience in project management, consulting, policy operations, operations, administration or research which has included working in education or a related field.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- One year of full-time, paid, professional experience in project management, consulting, policy operations, administration or research which has included working in education or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Process improvement and the methods utilized to implement systemic change.
- The principles, practices, and procedures underlying strategic planning.
- Prepare and interpret narrative and statistical reports.
- Serve as a project lead and participate in problem resolution.
- Build policies and procedures for data maintenance, analysis routines, and annual tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, as evidenced by an ability to balance and prioritize multiple competing priorities.
- Build and maintain strong, effective working relationships across all levels of an organization.
- Identify and break down complex problems and develop strategies to address the identified issues based on quantitative and/or qualitative evidence.
- Understand, interpret, and analyze a variety of data sources.
- Design and develop systems, tools, and schedules for collecting, maintaining, and reporting on performance data.
- Adapt to different situations, particularly when new information is provided.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Write clearly, concisely, and appropriately for different purposes (e.g., professional emails, technical guidance, reports for publication)
- Use MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About School District of Philadelphia
For forward-thinking administrators and educators, opportunities abound in The School District of Philadelphia. The School District of Philadelphia is committed to transforming the education opportunities it offers the city’s 200,000 school-aged children. Located in a historic and culturally rich setting, we are a racially and ethnically diverse community committed to education. The District seeks leaders who have a passion for working with students, schools, and communities and who are committed to ensuring all students achieve. Serving a population as diverse as ours requires creativity, commitment, and vision.