Job ID: 60891
Location: LaGuardia Airport
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey offers paid internships to students, providing the opportunity to work with knowledgeable and experienced professionals on assignments critical to operating, maintaining, and expanding the transportation infrastructure for one of the greatest economies in the world. Assignments include hands-on projects to cultivate technical, writing, communication, and team-building skills. The diversity of our businesses creates a variety of opportunities for students to gain exposure to the work of a first-class public agency.
The Aviation department is looking for an intern to join their LGA Airport Maintenance team! Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all aspects of budget preparation and submission for LGA’s six (6) Maintenance units; including but not limited to budget entry, participation in individual unit meetings as well as meetings with our Finance team and General Manager’s Office, creation of cost benefits analysis, incorporation of new Maintenance assets into budget, etc.
- Assist with tracking and monitoring of our Spring Site Maintenance Plan ensuring our Maintenance teams are addressing identified customer touchpoints to improve the overall airport customer experience.
- Assist the Asst. Manager of Maintenance in updating the airport’s Snow and Ice Control Plan to support winter weather snow removal activities.
About the LGA Airport Maintenance Department:
The LGA Airport Maintenance Department coordinates with other airport and agency units to achieve our agency goals and drive a world-class customer experience at LGA Airport. We efficiently maintain the airport’s physical plant and maintain unit compliance with all applicable codes, rules and regulations, while fostering exemplary safe work practices. We also plan and oversee the delivery of maintenance services to all Port Authority units, the public, and airport tenants.
- Candidates must be students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program returning to their program during the Fall 2023 semester.
- We are seeking interns who are talented, driven, and have a genuine interest in contributing to the success of the New York/New Jersey region.
- We welcome applications from a diverse range of majors/minors.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters with excellent communication, research, and applicable technical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and flexibility to manage multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
- The duration is expected to be approximately 12 weeks, starting on June 1 and ending on August 25
- This internship will require work 5 days/week at 7.25 hours/day
- The format is expected to be fully in-person
- These details are subject to change
How to Apply
- Click “Apply Now”
- Follow the prompts
- Please submit the following with your application:
- A resume that clearly indicates your expected graduation date from the program you’re current enrolled in
- A cover letter detailing why you want to intern at The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey