The Land Conservancy of New Jersey’s Fellowship Program offers graduate students the opportunity to work with our staff for one-year as they are immersed in the field of conservation planning and land preservation. Candidates will apply their technical skills and educational experience to learn the following:
- Planning for preservation – Creative analysis based upon scientific methods for identifying land suitable for preservation with an emphasis on local and regional priorities for conservation.
- Mapping and design – Utilization of digital mapping software including ArcGIS, Google maps, Canva, and the Adobe Indesign suite to visualize connections between landscapes, conservation and development.
- Public outreach – Development of presentations and outreach materials using Canva and related tools to share information in a format that is understandable and relatable to local residents.
- Types of projects – Flood risk analysis, planning for open space, trend analysis, business of agriculture and eligibility of farmland for preservation, watershed studies for open space preservation, completion of environmental inventories. GIS modeling for conservation priorities, inclusion of environmental justice and overburdened communities data for identification of project need, analysis of Census tract data.
- Field work – For those candidates who live within driving distance of the office, opportunity to visit project sites, meet with local officials, and represent The Land Conservancy when touring the local municipalities.
- Title: Planning Fellow
- One year position (Two positions are available for 2023)
- Recent college graduates, Master degree preferred
- Salary: $16 per hour in 2023
- Up to 40 hours per week
- Quarterly incentives of $500 ($1500 total)
- Up to 5 days vacation (40 hours)
- Up to 5 days sick/personal time (40 hours)
- Six holidays (8 hours each): New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day
- Application requirements: resume, writing and samples of work done in Canva and/or InDesign, 2 letters of recommendation
- Remote Work: Staff are working remotely. Preference for one of the candidates to live within driving distance of office
Applications are being accepted now for positions to start June 1, 2023
We will continue to offer traditional internships for students who are in school. The Fellowship is designed for students who have their college degree (preferably their Masters) and are able to commit to a one-year working experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About The Land Conservancy of New Jersey
The Land Conservancy of New Jersey preserves land and water resources, conserves open space, and inspires and empowers individuals and communities to protect our natural land and environment.