We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for transportation, particularly rail and bus infrastructure, to join our team as a Transportation Analyst supporting public sector clients. In this role, the analyst will conduct research, perform statistical and spatial analysis, and draft supporting documents on a variety of transportation-related projects. The analyst may support other practice areas of the firm on an as-needed basis.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct technical and policy research on transportation planning and impact, particularly rail and bus infrastructure, and related strategic, political, economic, and fiscal issues
- Collect, process, visualize, and analyze publicly available and privately collected data
- Contribute to the intellectual and analytical direction of transportation planning, impact, and strategy
- Assist in drafting and editing reports and preparing materials for presentations
- Work closely with Directors and Principals to supervise Research Assistant work
- Interface with clients in presentations, status meetings, and working conversations when required
- 2-3 years of transportation-related experience in the public, private, or non-profit/advocacy space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Urban Studies, Statistics, Mathematics, Political Science, Social Policy, Spatial Analytics, Geography, Business/Finance, or other related field. Exceptions may be made for candidates who hold a degree outside of these fields but have 1-2 years of demonstrated transportation-related work experience.
- Professional experience collecting, wrangling, and visualizing public and/or private sector transportation data
- Strong writing and editing skills. The analyst should be able to translate data and information into compelling and supporting narrative.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt tools and techniques to solve transportation-related research questions
- Ability to thrive in collaborative, project-oriented setting with small teams
- Experience with a geographic information systems platform (ArcMap or QGIS) and accompanying transportation-related spatial analysis techniques
- Facility with R, STATA, Python or other statistical software
- Demonstrated technical and policy research experience in transportation, particularly rail and bus infrastructure
- Familiarity with how local and regional politics, policy, and economics interact with transportation-related planning and decision making
- Demonstrated interested in and familiarity with federal and state transportation policy, processes, and funding mechanisms
- Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning, Economics, Mathematics, Political Science, Public Policy, Spatial Analytics, Business or other related field.
- Intellectually curious and demonstrated solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, generous time off, potential profit-sharing, and 401(k) match.
Benefits of Employment
- Team-oriented and intellectually stimulating work culture.
- Exposure to and participation in important transportation-related planning and policy issues at the local, regional, and national level
- Opportunity for advancement within the firm
- Funded professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in a wide range of transportation topics, particularly rail and bus infrastructure, and interact with a wide range of clients
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com