The Planner I/II will join a collaboration of experienced planners, engineers, and project managers dedicated to having a positive impact through effective planning. The ideal candidate will be driven, intellectually curious, committed to excellence, and demonstrate a desire to make a difference in the communities we serve. The Planner II will support project planners or project managers on multi-disciplinary planning and concept level engineering projects and will be responsible for the preparation of planning documents for federal, state, and local government clients, as well as private sector clients.
- Collecting and compiling a variety of quantitative and qualitative data to prepare reports and maps
- Preparing drawings, illustrations, maps, and planning graphics for long-range plans and studies
- Supporting the facilitation of planning charrettes for clients as a member of a facilitation team
- Conducting field evaluations and assessments
- Researching best practices, legal requirements, and development standard
- Attending client and public meetings to support project planners, managers, and clients
- Developing reports under the direction of the project manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Architecture, Geography, Landscape Architecture, or a related discipline and 0 – 4+ years of progressive transportation planning or experience with related projects
- Knowledge of planning principles, best practices, and techniques and have knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as transportation planning, concept level engineering, or bicycle and pedestrian planning, or land use
- Conduct research and prepare statistical planning reports on land use, physical, social and economic possibilities, and constraints
- Working knowledge of planning software programs, including Microsoft Office applications, internet applications, and GIS mapping
- Proficiency with desktop graphics and publishing software, such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, and SketchUp
- Strong oral and written communication skills for preparing and presenting planning reports and projects
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently as well as in multi-disciplinary teams
- Microsoft Office Suite
The salary range for this position is $66,204 – $85,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
About Michael Baker International
Michael Baker International, a leading provider of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management, has been solving some of the world’s most complex infrastructure challenges for more than 80 years with a legacy of expertise, experience, innovation and integrity.
Based in Pittsburgh and with nearly 100 offices nationwide, we partner with clients on everything from roads, bridges, tunnels, mass transit, and airports, to water treatment plants, arctic oil pipelines, environmental restoration and specialized overseas construction. We serve as a trusted adviser to the communities we serve, making them safer, more accessible, more sustainable and more prosperous.
We provide visionary leadership in facilitating transformational change for our clients. Our work delivers differentiating innovations and dedicated experts who challenge the status quo and share a world of diverse experience and an impassioned entrepreneurial spirit. We deliver quality of life.
We Make a Difference.
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. As a covered federal contractor, Michael Baker International is required to comply with Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, and its implementing guidelines. If the federal vaccine mandate is found to be valid and enforceable, this will include ensuring that all covered employees are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, except in limited circumstances where there is a legal entitlement to an accommodate. In addition, you may be subject to current or future state or local COVID-19 vaccine mandates that could become a condition of your employment based upon your work location or involvement on a project. Accordingly, Michael Baker encourages you to provide satisfactory proof that you are "fully vaccinated" for COVID-19 so as to ensure compliance with any potential applicable federal, state, or local laws. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.